bike fell of trailer and got drug about 100 ft

sluggo69

May 24, 2003
after a great day of riding my cousin's bike fell off our trailer and was drug about 100 ft on the highway. i need help locating replacement parts.i tryed mxsouth and rockymountain but they dont carry alot of kdx parts.i need a front fender,rear fender,rad shrouds,side pannels,clutch lever,seat,foot pegs,headlight and headlight assembly. any help is greatly appreciated fellas. thanks,,sluggo

ChuckyBoy

~SPONSOR~
May 2, 2002
Sorry to hear that. That's one of my worst nightmares.

Try ebay. There's usually a whole slew of stuff for both early and late model KDX's.

Good luck.

Robcolo

Jan 28, 2002
And, unless you want it to happen again, replace those open hooks on both ends of the tie downs with carabiners [rock climbing shop]. An even better option is one of the bike shoes [ATK co.] that cam locks your front tire. It will bolt right to your trailer and pay for itself by not ruining fork springs.

KelvinKDX

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 25, 2000
You may want to give Jeff Fredette a call too.  It sounds like he usually has a good asortment of KDX parts laying around.  Besides i always see him buying up the KDX auctions on eBay.

http://www.frpoffroad.com

91KDX

Jan 23, 2003
My bike also fell off a trailer, infact it was last wednesday. Unfortunatly we didn't catch very quickly. We drug the bike for 2 or 3 miles, and it did a lot of damage to the front left portion of the bike. Over $500 worth of damage, just because the stap rubbed up against another bike and broke. We were driving a bus so the trailer was very hard to see. I am going to Jeff Fredette for all of my parts. He usually can get anything you need, and he usually ships parts the next day. Hope this helps

Ben

procircuit21

Nov 19, 2002
Hey sluggo i got a fender for you if you want it. It's black its got a few stickers on the back, it fits my '91 fine. $20 bucks. Ill get you some pics if you want them

DVO

Nov 3, 2001
Hey Sluggo, just wondering, what kind of tie-downs were you using, the cam-buckle type or ratchet type or something else? I use the ratchet type, I just don't trust the other ones... I've had 'em loosen. I've never had a ratchet type loosen.
Sorry to hear 'bout it.
DVO

Top Bottom