sdmules

May 5, 2002
My wife is 5'3" and has little dirt bike experience. She is athletic and we will mainly ride in Florida. (woods/trail) She may do some racing but I wouldn't count on it. Many people have recommended the Xr200 and the TTR125L. We looked at both and also at the Suzuki DRZ125L. Of those she liked the TTR. I was also thinking the KX100. I thought of this bike after she said "I want to be able to keep up with you". I'm riding a Ktm 200. Any suggestions are appreciated!

bake

Sep 20, 2001
If she likes the TTR why not buy her one, you are lucky to have an interested partner, may as well get her what she wants. Any of them would make a decent first bike for her.

BunduBasher

Boodoo-Bash-eRRR
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
Hey, if she wants to keep up, consider a Gas Gas Pampera 250 or 280 :)

sdmules

May 5, 2002
Geez guys!
I didn't mean to sound like a jerk. I'm a slow rider so I'm sure she won't have any problem keeping up. The TTR just seems kind of tame and I hate to buy it and find she gets bored with it in 3 months.

Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 24, 2000
Sure! Done deal! Oh, never mind, I thought you wanted to trade your bike for my wife! :p :)

IrishEKU

A General PITA.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 21, 2002
Hate to clip and paste but I just answered one like this.......

Better yet why not hop over to the Womens forum and ask the experts!
They all learned somewhere and who better to ask? Those ladies rock!
PK

AZDesertRat

Apr 18, 2002
I am a guy only 5'6" myself with a 29" inseam and rode a 94 XR200 for 5 years before trading up to a new 2002 KLX300 . I absolutely loved the 200 and was able to upgrade things as my riding skills progressed. Stock it was great for someone around 135 lbs or so but I had to eventually go with heavier springs (I'm 165 lbs.). Power was good whether I was just putting around or riding all out. There was no narrow power band like a two stroke. Over time I added a Supertrapp muffler, rejetted the carb and opened up the air box, but these are things that you may never need. My son-in-law was really upset when I passed him on his new XR250 going all out. In 5 years of heavy riding I changed the oil every 6 mo. with Hondaline Synthetic and put two spark plugs in it. My 35 yr. old son bought it from me and is very happy. The most dependable bike I have ever owned hands down. I think she would be disappointed with anything less than a 200 in a very short period of time.

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
I bought my son an 02 TT-R125L at the start of this season as basically his first bike (he had a pw80 for about a month previous season). I think it is a great bike although we have just bought a 99 KX80 for him as he wants to try his hand at MX racing now and the TT-R just won't do for that. My thoughts after riding the TT-R is that it has plenty of speed at the top end for most trail riders it's just somewhat sluggish in getting all the way wound out. Also I don't think you could find a friendlier starter bike for anyone than this bike it will start with almost no gas while easing off the clutch and almost come to a complete stop in turns on the trail before it would think of stalling. Just my thoughts on the bike, oh and did I mention that as of today I'm selling an almost new 02 TT-R125L? :)

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
I live in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada. Would be willing to drive a bit to help someone out. I could come down around Grand Forks or Fargo ND. Minneapolis would be a huge stretch which is where the nearest forward air terminal is to me. I expect I will have no trouble selling this bike locally pretty quickly but always willing to help out a fellow member of this board.

sdmules

May 5, 2002
Chili,
Wow thats along way from me. I'm in south Florida. I'm sure you will sell it to someone closer to you. I found one thats only 35 miles from me.

Top Bottom