2001Rm125

Jul 7, 2009
I just had a post of my bike leaking antifreeze. I just change my oil and adjusted all the radiator hoses. Took it for a spin and it BOGGED like CRAZY. And Smoked white smoke terribly. What is wrong?

2001Rm125

Jul 7, 2009
wouldnt hit powerband either

2001Rm125

Jul 7, 2009
what do i do?

2001Rm125

Jul 7, 2009
definately need a manual im only 14 and my dad doesnt know much about these 2 strokes either..................................

cowasucky

Feb 23, 2009
I just went through a similar situation and theses guys here really pulled together and got me through (whenfoxforks-ruled, helloLucas, Indymx, ect....) I wasn't noticing coolant levels dropping, but I had major white smoke and power issues. A new head gasket and new studs is fairly cheap & an easy job. Without a manual though you will need to go online and get the head bolt torque specs and I can't express the importance of torquing the head bolts properly. That's why it's sooo important to preferably replace the studs, however I was able to salvage mine by soaking them for a few hours in Naval Jelly to remove all rust & corrosion. The studs need to be in good shape, screwed into the head ALL THE WAY and clean so the nuts will thread smoothly to be able to torque them all down true. Ofcourse, while you have the head off examine it as well as the cylinder real good for cracks and for being warped. There are some really good threads here, just search " head gasket " . Good Luck ; ) !!!!!

Someone

Mar 12, 2001
Just pointing out where his info should be posted (if he already has a 2 page thread), makes it easier on all of us, that's all. Thanks for your input cowasucky.

julien_d

Oct 28, 2008
Someone said:
Keep it in your original thread.

Perhaps I'm missing something here. Looked like he was trying to help the kid out by citing some personal experience. This rubbed you the wrong way why? :coocoo:

Guess you're not allowed to use your previous experiences to help someone out cowasucky, sorry....

To the OP,

That was good advice. Changing the head gasket is not hard at all, just take your time and listen to what's been posted here. If you get stuck anywhere, by all means post up and SOME of us will be more than happy to offer you up some assistance. Although, SOMEONE may not....

Cheers!

J.

cowasucky

Feb 23, 2009
Someone said:
Just pointing out where his info should be posted (if he already has a 2 page thread), makes it easier on all of us, that's all. Thanks for your input cowasucky.

I agree and apologize. I thought it was directed at my post because I admit my post was repetitive from info I received on my last thread and I was just trying to save the kid some trouble. You are correct and I stand corrected.

Top Bottom