RedRyder

Mar 29, 2001
Just curious... Does anyone know what the letters KX, YZ, CR, RM, WR, KDX, XR, DR, etc., mean (if anything)?
I'm thinking "WR" means "wide ratio", but with the others I have no clue.

P.S. I tried a search, but to no avail...

mobrown

Jan 26, 2004
Rumor...

The rumor back in the late 70's for the RM (I had one) was that it stood for Roger's Machine. Roger DeCoster was a champion MXer who rode for Suzuki.

Have no idea whether or not that is true...

C

CaNaDiAn,Eh?

I could be wrong, but I heard that WR is for wide ratio gears and CR is for close ratio ...or something like that...lol

RedRyder

Mar 29, 2001
:yeehaw:
mobrown said:
The rumor back in the late 70's for the RM (I had one) was that it stood for Roger's Machine. Roger DeCoster was a champion MXer who rode for Suzuki.

Have no idea whether or not that is true...

Then Kawasaki should change the KX line to the "BS" line for "Bubba's Scooter". :)

I can see it now.... "Be like Bubba! Go WFO on the new BS 250F, now with 50% more BNG (Bubba Non-Gravity)!!!" :yeehaw:

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Peer Lovell said:
I do know that "CR" stands for "Crazy Ride". Not sure about the others.
Sorry bro, that isn't even close. Bunch of whacky Jap dudes... "Wets caw it CR for cwazy wide" lol.

j_freak

Feb 7, 2004
From what I've heard, RM stands for (aw, dang, now I can't remember the exact words) Racing Machine, or Racing Model. I can't remember which.

23jayhawk

Sponsoring Member
Apr 30, 2002
You mean not everyone has a stack of early '70s Dirt Bike to pull out for reference?

What's the world coming to these days...

kmccune

2-Strokes forever
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 3, 1999
23jayhawk said:
You mean not everyone has a stack of early '70s Dirt Bike to pull out for reference?

What's the world coming to these days...

When my dad sold the farm and built his retirement house 10 years ago he threw them out with out telling me :| Of course he was also going to burn an upright grand piano, an oak desk, a maple end table with a marble top and a maple table and chair set.... :ugg: My sister and I got there before that :) Dad said that "it's just a bunch of old junk" :ugg: OK back to the topic, I did have quite the stack of Dirt Bike and Motocross Action mags back then, back to '73 I think.

Top Bottom