padrutt199

May 22, 2001
bike popping into neutral

today i was riding at my house and i was coming up to my biggest jump (50-55 foot double)and i was in fourth gear so when i went up the face of the jump it all of a sudden popped into neutral :eek: and the front end droped and i came up about five feet short so i bailed over the bars right before i hit the ground and my bike kart wheeled like 5 times, lucky for me i was fine and so was my bike.now for mys qeustion what caused it to just pop into neutral.i was thinking maybe i need new transmision fluid or whatever but i changed it when i rebuilt it and ive only ridden a couple times since then. please help me i dont want it to happen again cause next time i might not get so lucky.thanks

Last edited:

padrutt199

May 22, 2001
97 rm 125 and yea i do have alot of mods i cant remember them all but what kind of mods do you meen like engine mods or what

Milquetoast

Uhhh...
Oct 30, 2001
Well, I actually just wanted to bump your topic to the top of the list so that someone more knowledgable than I might see it. If he/she knew what bike you had, I thought it would help. So, here I am offering no help but a bump to the top. :scream:

(yes, engine mods, they might have some effect on your problem, it's always best to give every bit of information you can)

padrutt199

May 22, 2001
lol ;) . i got a fmf pipe and silencer,porting,boyesen(sp?) reeds,bored to 134 ive got really bad memory (plus i hit my head prety hard in the crash) but its got pretty much every thing i bought the bike three or four years ago and i cant remember everythin but ill try to find the list i got with it. i just noticed i said bike poping out of neutral for the subject :silly: how do i change that?

Last edited:

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom