papagoose2424

Jun 19, 2009
i have a '88 yz80 and i think the clutch might be shot. i start the bike up in neutral but when i pull the clutch and shift to first it jumps a bit and feels like the gear catches but then dies..meanwhile im holding the clutch the whole time...the only way i can get the thing moving is if i get a rolling start and then pop it in gear.....can someone tell me what my problem might be? and how i could fix it

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
The only way to know for sure is to open it up and have a look.

Could be a notched basket.. You may also need new clutch plates and a inner hub.

Take the cover off and have a peek.

papagoose2424

Jun 19, 2009
i really dont feel like messin around at this point...im tryin to sell the bike, im just curious as to what i should tell whoever looks at it whats wrong with it...or i can just tell them the kick starter doesnt work well and the only way to start the bike is to roll it so they'll never notice the problem

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
Yeah, there's a good idea.. Lie to the person about the problem..

How about you just take the clutch cover off, have a look, then you will know exactly what to tell the person you are trying to sell it to? Don't you think that would be the honest thing to do?

Remind me to never ever think about buying anything from you. Holy crap..

I promise you, you will never get anyone on this site to advise you to deceive someone when trying to sell them a bike. It's just not how we do things here.

If you want to do that, you probably won't find yourself welcome here long.

2stroker144

Jan 14, 2009
wow if you are fortunate enough to be able to get someone into the sport, dont screw them over by giving 'em a heap. way to go.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Try telling the truth. There is something wrong and you didn't feel like messin' with it.

Top Bottom