CZ511

Mar 2, 2003
I have a Subaru Outback and I am looking for a bike trailer to tow around my KDX. I have been searching like crazy and found a few trailers on ebay and on line. I was going to buy a 4 ft x 8 ft utility trailer but then I saw these bolt together bike trailers. Their is several styles and the better ones with the 12 in tires and 1800 lb. capacity don't seem to be all that bad. The utilty trailers are a bit too much for my Subaru and was thinking the bolt together trailers may be the way to go. I also found bolt together trailers in the back of some dirt bike magazines. Has anyone ever used these bolt together trailers?

SPD

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 20, 2001
I have one I use sometimes. It's a 4x8 with 8in tires. Works ok, I've pulled it on the freeway at 70mph and it does ok. The only thing is if you want to haul 2 bikes you have to stagger them so the handel bars don't rub.

scotth

~SPONSOR~
Sep 17, 2001
I use 4x8 bolt together trailer to tow my KX250 around. Once you bolt on a good piece of 4x8 treated plywood it becomes pretty sturdy. Definitely get one with 12 inch wheels, The extra ground clearance can really help when towing it thru sand or mud.

Y2Z

~SPONSOR~
Apr 6, 2002
i have a fairly new double sea-doo trailer, it works great! we put hooks and some plywood down, and one of those things for in the back of the pickups(dont know what they are called), im sure it would work good with a single trailer.

darringer

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 2, 2001
I bought one of those Ebay bolt-together trailers with 12" wheels. I put 15" wood sides and a 4x8 sheet of plywood floor on it, along with several hooks. It is about 2 years old now, and has been up and down the state of California a few times. I've hauled 3 full-sized bikes with a 50cc bike on more rides than I can count, and it has held up very well. I think I have a total of $400 in it. Money well spent.
Darrin

JuliusPleaser

Too much of a good thing.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 22, 2000
I found a vintage Holsclaw three-rail tilt rail trailer on Ebay for $150. The owner stashed it under his house and forgot about it - for 10 years. It looked like grim death when I picked it up, but it's in great shape. All the lights worked and I even got a spare wheel/tire with it.

Can Can Kev

Feb 24, 2003
My friends have a bolt together trailer they got from Harbor Frieght Tools they might have one by where you live but im not shure we have alot in California, anyway the trailer folds to for easy storing inside the garadge or the side of the house ect, and it will fit two bikes easy and a 3rd if one is a mini....

skipro3

Mod Ban
Dec 14, 2002
Forget the trailer. I have s subaru and use the hitch mounted motorcycle carrier. I can legally go the speed limit on freways, no backing up problems, no one bumming a lift to the staging area, and it stows away in almost no space at all. Oh, Yea, no license or registration fees every year. My subaru doesn't even notice it's there.

Peer Lovell

Nov 25, 1999
I've always used a bolt together trailer. The one I have now is very light and is easy to tip up on its side to store against a garage wall. They do tend to be somewhat flexible. I have bolted four criss cross pieces of angle iron to the undersides to stiffen it up.
I tow mine with an Integra no sweat!

MRRMX

Nov 24, 1999
Mister Peer needed to shore up his trailer, Due to the fact he flies with this trailer and bike in tow. It gets airborne at times......

Originally posted by Peer Lovell
I've always used a bolt together trailer. The one I have now is very light and is easy to tip up on its side to store against a garage wall. They do tend to be somewhat flexible. I have bolted four criss cross pieces of angle iron to the undersides to stiffen it up.
I tow mine with an Integra no sweat!

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom