rider04

May 27, 2008
Hi everyone I am looking for a secound opinion. I have a crf 150f now and down the road am looking to get a new bike. I ride trails and also the track a little bit. I would like to get a crf 250r. Would I be making a mistake or should I get a trail bike. And how often does it need to be maintained. Thanks please reply

May 10, 2007
it needs a load of maintenance. top ends valve adjustments, cleaning the air filiter changing the oil. all of it often. on a scale from 1-10 your 150F is like a 2 or 3 the 250R is more like 8 or 9

2-Strokes 4-ever

~SPONSOR~
Feb 9, 2005
Missouri
I've heard it and seen it over and over again. If shopping for a 250F, the Yamaha's make the most dependable, low maintainance, long lasting motors around. I've got a good friend who had a CRF250X, he's pretty quick and rides it hard... he said "never again, the valve issues were a costly nightmare." (I'm not too convinced he's much into required maintainance though either.)

Apr 30, 2007
I'll put in another vote for the XR 250...the maintainence for that is at a 1 on a scale of 1-10.

They really aren't track bikes...but given you put a little bit into the suspension, you wouldn't have much trouble at all...and for trail bikes...you can hardly beat them at that low of a maintenence level.

They're also pretty cheap in comparison to the CRFs..

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom