Milk

Looking for Mr. Right
Jun 28, 2002
Any KX riders have a link to or know of anyone that sells all black plastics for a 97 KX 250? Ive looked and asked my dealership, but tI cant find any and the dealer says they dont know. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Joepro9

Feb 17, 2001
rocky mountain, mx south, dennis kirk, all sell aftemarket plastics. RM sell kits too, I think souh does too but not sure. Not sure what they got, but I know they got stuff.

Last edited:

nephron

Dr. Feel Good
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 15, 2001
MXSOUTH is the way to go. Their website is optimized for choosing plastic, since the catalog excerpts are displayed. UFO and ACERBIS should be able to outfit your bike. If you want a different color tank, either Clarke (I've got a black Clarke on mine--fits better than stock, lol) or IMS can provide. You can get them directly from their websites.

Milk

Looking for Mr. Right
Jun 28, 2002
Thanks Joe and Neph. I actually fell over to the right racing one night and pushed my pipe into my tank. I didnt notice it in the dark until I was loading and smelled and saw the gas dripping. I ordered a 3.0 gal IMS tank. I had to cut the shrouds to make it fit, and it ended up sticking up like a muffin. I didnt like it and racked myself a few times in track applications so I ordered another OEM. Lemme tell you, gas tanks are expensive.......especially two of them. =[

Milk

Looking for Mr. Right
Jun 28, 2002
Neph, I jumped on the MXSouth site and found all the black plastic I need. For all of it (FF,RF,Shrouds,Sides,Number Plate,andForks) it about 200 shipped. Thanks a ton!!

EZ-Rider

~SPONSOR~
Nov 20, 2000
I recommend getting the ACERBIS plastic. It looks good, resists creasing, and comes back to it's original shape after being bent. Just my .02

Top Bottom