Body Armor / Pressure Suits: Worn under jersey?

xTYBALTx

Mar 10, 2004
Just like the title says, I want to know if any of you wear your body armor under a jersey, shirt, or whatever? I've been thinking of getting some kind of armor, but don't want to give up my pretty black & red jersey!

Also, do you get really hot wearing any of the armor systems? Let me know!

Jeff Gilbert

N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 20, 2000
I sometimes wear an under jersey chest protector. It's not hot at all but I wear a t-shirt under it and it gets very wet which I guess is what keeps it from not being too hot.

JTT

~SPONSOR~
Aug 25, 2000
Yes, body armour is warn under the jersey. I assume you are referring to "body armour" suit type setups...with chest, elbow, shoulder pads and all in one shirt like format? What Jeff is referring to is a different setup I believe, more like an under jersey chest (only) protector, with no arms or spine protection.

I don't wear the armour myself, but have a buddy with it. It is a little warmer than a traditional chest protector, but not too bad (doesn't bother him any, but we're not in the desert either). Great protection though, and most importantly spine protection.

xTYBALTx

Mar 10, 2004
Yeah that's exactly what I'm talking about, JTT. Your friend must wear a jersey that's two sizes larger or something, right? The body armor route is looking quite tempting - it seems simple and safe.

I've done quite a few forum searches on different types of body armor, but would like to renew this question: What kind of armor do you wear, and how do you like it?

JTT

~SPONSOR~
Aug 25, 2000
Actually he wears a pretty normal size jersey, loose without the armour, snug with. He wears the Hebo one for what it's worth.

xTYBALTx

Mar 10, 2004
I tried some different armors on today - after a monster day of riding I might add - and liked what I saw in the 661 Pressure Suit. The chest protection could be a little stiffer / tougher, but the whole setup is just much more comfortable than a chest protector.

Another excellent option is the Dainese. If it wasn't so expensive, I'd have bought it on the spot. Snug, and just seems to fit perfectly - like a glove. Too bad it cost $350! Geeeezz. . .

Thanks for the help guys, looks like I'm pretty close to a purchase here.

Timr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 26, 1999
Have you seen this one? Check out the Bohn Crusader Armored Shirt. They now have a cooler version with thinner fabric. The back protection is awesome, shoulder's, elbows, and forearms, are really good. The front plastic could be a little more. They were demoing this product in a booth at bikeweek. I ordered one, and it should be here sometime this week.

Here's the site: http://www.actionstation.com/

Attachments

• IMAGE2_Crusader-Black-Front.jpg
    IMAGE2_Crusader-Black-Front.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 1,158

Flying Scot

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 13, 2002
Timr,
"I use Grecian 2000" is what I see. Or "Propecia made me the man I once was" :laugh:
I checked the site and the armour looks good and well vented. Any one have any experience with this ?

elf

Jun 7, 2003
Nemeses is the name of the one I have been using for the last year. Its only $90. .... I really like mine I just use xl jersey instead of large. Its a little warm on hot days but not to bad with a vented jersey.

Top Bottom