Wolf

doooode
Jul 31, 2000
Well, I own 3 pairs of boots and 2 are in need of repair...to be specific: The boots in need of repair are Alpinestars Tech 6 and Tech 8...both the old (better:))style....they both need new soles. They are othewise in great shape and when pricing the new Tech 6 and 8 I decided to see if this can be repaired. Any reasonable resources? I don't mind shipping.
Thanks

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Now granted this is boot central down here in Texas but it would seem most any shoe / boot repair shop could handle the job. I know a few people in the Houston area that actually had Vibram soles put on MX boots because they ride trails / HS.

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
I have a friend that has Alpinestars with worn out soles. He had heard that they had some issues with soles on boots and if you called them they would replace them for free. His boots were pretty old and they replaced the soles for nothing. It's worth a call.

Wolf

doooode
Jul 31, 2000
Found a source in CA that replaces the soles with SIDI soles...apparently they hold up much better that the Alpine Stars...they said AS replaced the rubber with a softer mixture and that's why they wear out so fast. They want 85 plus shipping or so for the pair (includes new steel toes).

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
that's not a bad price for a resole with any boot.

I believe you could buy soles from alpinestar and have any boot shop sew 'em on as well.

Top Bottom