Alex28

Oct 17, 2008
I just purchased the Alpinestars Tech 3 boots and they don't have a gusset, I'll just be trail riding. So I'm debating whether to get the Klim Chinook pant or the Dakar pant, would the Chinook keep dirt and water out of the boot?
http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/2/6/9/14501/ITEM/Klim-Chinook-Pants.aspx
http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/2/6/9/23439/ITEM/Klim-Dakar-Pants.aspx

I like the in the boot style better, but I'm worried whether it will keep the dirt/water out without the gusset.

Thanks
-Alex

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
Not sure what you mean by "gusset", unless you mean the gaiter at the top of the boot.

Either style will be fine, but note that most of us wear the "in the boot" style. A few years back that got some of us called "tighty wearin' homos", but that was then.

I have a pair of Tech 3s as well, and they seem to keep dirt and water out fine. Of course, you're always going to get some dirt in there, and if you're in water deep enough to go over the tops of your boots, you got other problems.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
I have both in and over boot pants. Honestly I prefer the over the boot more, mine are just standard grey no flashy patterns so I'm not often confused with the Mulisha. My absolute favorite though are my shorts. Yes really! Some Fox moto shorts flat out rock because they are cool in the heat and I wear Asterisk braces so they cover my middle leg area good enough. I don't wear them when it get's below about 60 as that starts to get a little cool.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Um yes when summer is typically days on end of +100. Silly Canadians.

2strokerfun

May 19, 2006
Wife got me a pair of Thor boots for xmas. Pretty cheap boots, but they fit right and are comfortable to me. EXCEPT for the elastic top they built on them to keep out dirt and water. After reading that these particular boots don't keep any water out anyway, I said to heck with it and took the X-acto knife to a brand new pair of boots and removed the elastic-dig-in-you-calves tops of the boots. Presto: super comfortable but no resale value.
I prefer over-the-boot pants because my boots always fit the same that way. And with my trusty X-acto, I can pretty much pull the blade out of wherever I just accidentally stabbed myself and make any pair of pants into an over-the-boot pair.

SVTMc-G

Apr 1, 2006
2strokerfun said:
And with my trusty X-acto, I can pretty much pull the blade out of wherever I just accidentally stabbed myself and make any pair of pants into an over-the-boot pair.

Your luck with sharp objects sounds the same as mine!hahaha

Lorin

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 25, 1999
over the boot pants for me. boots stay much cleaner, less water gets near the top of the boot, and the pockets are a nice bonus. I tend to get the solid color, less flashy versions.

Apr 30, 2007
I go both ways, but sorta prefer the over the boots pants. Pockets are the first reason, price was the second reason, and that not having to try dig through all the mud to find and loosen buckles is a good bonus. (When all that mud dries and flakes off the pants instead of cementing the buckles on the boots is another good bonus).

Now I just need to find someone to make them MX pants fit broads such as myself correctly, then we will be in business!

Apr 30, 2007
Leave it to you to pick up on something non intended like that. :whoa:

I like dudes and dudes only. Personal stuff over. :rotfl:

Go fight a bear.

Top Bottom