WFO 400

Feb 28, 2003
I HAVE A SIZE 11 FOOT AND A 22" CALVE...CAN SOMEONE HELP ME AND TELL WIHCH BOOT TO BUY!

I read the reviews and decide sidi was best know i think they wont work because of a couple posts i read.
rich said they didnt work with his cavles but he also has a small foot ,
okies 18" calve fit with a knee brace, but what size boot and was it at max adjustment?

..and others say if the top buckle is tight then the ankle movement is restricted.

with the alp vectors they say there is little to no support.

I am in need of new boots and i think its between alpinestar vectors or sidi HELP PLEASE ! LOL

Farmer John

T.C.F.<br>(tire changin' fool)
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 8, 2000
I have found Gaernes to fit me well. (sz 10 w/20" calves)

I have tried on the Alpinestar Vectors & found them to have lots of calf space.

James

Lifetime Sponsor
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 2001
My Gaernes barely closed without the knee braces and it is a struggle for me to get them to latch at all at even at max adjustment with the braces.

Size 12 SG1 with 23" calves I think.

My alpinestars seemed to have much more room for adjustment.

WFO 400

Feb 28, 2003
MIKES- YOU HAVE VECTORS SIZE 11 AND 21" CALVES? DO THE BOOTS CLOSE? (THE LEATHER PARTS OVERLAP EACH OTHERWHERE THEY MEET UNDER THE BUCKLES)

ARE THEY COMFORTABLE, DO YOU TUCK RIDING PANTS IN? ARE THEY EASY TO LATCH?

BTW I AM ABOUT 5'8" TALL (WHY DOES HEIGHT MATTER?)

(SORRY ABOUT THE CAPS LOCK MY WORK KETBOARD IS A POS!)

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
A LOT depends on how a) long your lower legs are and b) how how brand X rides on your lower leg. Rich's lower leg is fairly short and his calves are BIG. Even with the Alpinestar Vectors, he tapes them closed at the top.

Note on Sidi's. The force can be adjusted larger in the calf area (more than the "adjustable calf" "panel) if they are size 10 or larger. You'll pick-up another 1/4 inch or so. My test was based on size 10's (44?) and there was enough room. Pokie on the other-hand has smaller legs, but has a hard time with one of his boots closing all the way with Asterisk braces. But, he wears a size 9 (limited adjustment). If you have a "round" calf that rides high on your lower leg, you are better off. If it's large or "round" on a shorter leg, it's going to be tough to find any boot that'll work.

Short Story; the only way to know is to try them at a shop.

FYI; I can BARELY get Tech 8's to "overlap" ie; close completely down the sides, although there seems to be plenty of room as far as the buckle (strap) goes.

MikeS

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 12, 2000
Originally posted by WFO 400
MIKES- YOU HAVE VECTORS SIZE 11 AND 21" CALVES? DO THE BOOTS CLOSE? (THE LEATHER PARTS OVERLAP EACH OTHERWHERE THEY MEET UNDER THE BUCKLES)

ARE THEY COMFORTABLE, DO YOU TUCK RIDING PANTS IN? ARE THEY EASY TO LATCH?

BTW I AM ABOUT 5'8" TALL (WHY DOES HEIGHT MATTER?)

(SORRY ABOUT THE CAPS LOCK MY WORK KETBOARD IS A POS!)

&nbsp;

Yes they close. I tape them with knee pads, with moose knee pads they fit better. I need to keep my pants pulled smooth in the boot. I look like dudley do right. As I have a 29" inseam.

Oki answered the height issue very well. In my case with a short lower leg the higher boots like the Sidi and tech 8' are harder to close for me (the 2nd strap down is lined up closer to my calve and there is no room in there).

The first few rides on them are tough as they are stiff. Not as stiff as some. Straping them is a chore or Junior locks them down. Once I rode a few times they feel great.

&nbsp;

Good luck

&nbsp;

Top Bottom