M2GH5

May 25, 2004
i purchased a pair of mx boots a few weeks ago and yesterday i finally had some time alone on my track to test them out. well, i can barely shift now, the toe of the boot is too big it is very tough. all these years i have been riding with work boots.

my question is....... should i just adjust the shifting lever? or should i ? ?

motodr9

Sep 1, 2003
new boots

New boots need to be "broken-in" for a few rides. Some models are stiffer than others, but after a few rides they should fit much better, and you will feel the brake and shifter again. Reposition your shift lever for your new boots now. You might need to raise your lever slightly.

Junkyard Dog

Mar 31, 2004
After a few rides your feet will know where the shifter and brakes are, stick with them.
It's better to break in a new pair of boots than a walking cast.

Stay safe.
JD

YZ165

YZabian
May 4, 2004
Even good riders feel like goof's with new boots! Give them some time, adjust that shifter and go for it! They'll get better and you'll be safer. :aj:

bcVulcan

Nov 13, 2002
What kind of boots are they. Some have a taller toe than others. Especially if you have a big foot. Raise the shifter up a notch if you need to. After you get use to them, you'll feel naked without 'em.

NGE

Uhhh...
Sep 6, 2003
made the same switch last year.... had the same problem... decided to just go with it anyways (didn't change shifter)... now I shift as well in them as I used to without them...

give it some practice, you'll be fine

Top Bottom