savaunte

Mar 12, 2006
Im looking at 3 seperate boots.

First Boot: Fox Forma Pro

Second: Alpinestars Tech 6 or Tech 8

Third: Berik OVS Pro

Right now im leaning towards the Fox Forma Pro boot...just wanted to get some opinions on these 3 boots.

After breaking my leg, I want to make sure I have the best protection at a resonable price... :whoa:

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Why are you leaning towards Fox?

RMCoastie

~SPONSOR~
Oct 25, 2005
savaunte said:
After breaking my leg, I want to make sure I have the best protection at a resonable price... :whoa:

How about those Gaerne SG10's? I love mine. If my foot had a glove, those would be it.

May 18, 2006
^ Another vote for the SG10's. I give this boot 5 out of 5 stars, seriously! My previous boots were tech 8's. The SG10's blow the Tech 8's out of the water, hands down.

robwbright

Apr 8, 2005
alligatorbling said:
^ Another vote for the SG10's. I give this boot 5 out of 5 stars, seriously! My previous boots were tech 8's. The SG10's blow the Tech 8's out of the water, hands down.

And the Tech 8s seem pretty darn good to me, so the Gaerne's must ROCK.

KX02

Jan 19, 2004
Since you mentioned price, I have the tech 6 boots. They are a great boot for the money. Mine are on their 3rd season.

savaunte

Mar 12, 2006
Ok..all you Gaerne supporters...where can I find the best deal for a pair of these great boots..??

Best Price I found was $280 plus another $8 for shipping...can you find me a better deal than that... :yikes:

rosscopeeko

Feb 25, 2005
Another vote for the gaerne sg10's. I bought mine of our favorite auction site for $185 new. They sized up perfectly for my shoe size. Took a couple rides to break them in and now they are ultra comfortable.

dales298

Mostly Useless
~SPONSOR~
Nov 25, 2003
What kind of deal did the doc give you on your leg? Boots and helmets are cheap insurance no matter the price.

2 cents
Dale

traveezy

Jul 2, 2006
sidi's are sweet

Sorry for no intro first. But, I just wanted to post this link to show you the deal I got. I don't know what size you are, but if you happen to be one of the ones listed, 165 + 12 shipping for some sidi vortex evo boots (normally 275) is a steal. I got these and they aren't even broken in yet and they feel like my tennis shoes. If you happen to have large calves, they are made for you also!! Anyways, don't know if it is what you are looking for, but to me, these are the best for the money, hands down.

I guess I can't post links. Sorry. They are at motonation. Look for sidi sale boots.

Will :ride:

savaunte

Mar 12, 2006
dales298 said:
What kind of deal did the doc give you on your leg? Boots and helmets are cheap insurance no matter the price.

2 cents
Dale

Well, we all know the Doc's really never cut deals... :yell:

As far has boots and helmets go, I have an HJC Helmet and had a pair of MSR MXT boots and gear...so I had protective gear on, just not the best gear possible. Thats why im lookin for the best BOOT I can buy for around $200 - $300

mtk

Jun 9, 2004
I've got Tech 6 boots myself and if I was buying another set, I'd probably get the SG10's for the same reason +30 mentioned. I've yet to hear one bad review of them from anyone.

bkgobe

Aug 18, 2004
Oxtar

Love my Oxtar TCX PRO'S. I've ridden with tech-8's and Gaerne SG-1'S ( NOT SG-10'S) and I find the Oxtars fit me much better and provide a ton of support.

chris_1001

May 11, 2006
I went to the Gaerne SG10's after some issues with Fox customer service. Seemed the Gaerne SG10's got high marks here and on other forums.

Had I not had another boot, I might not appreciate how good they feel. 5 Stars from me!

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
Another vote for SG-10s

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
I'm with Okie, Tracie, and crew.... the Gaerne SG-10's ROCK! My hubby and I and most of our friends were previous Tech 8 riders, and made the switch to Gaerne SG-10's and couldn't be happier. They are super comfy, have awesome support (especially in the ankle, don't fold over like a Tech 8), the sole is very durable (unlike a Tech 8), and the buckle system is so smooth (unlike a Tech 8). Plus they are a little cheaper than the Tech 8's and 10's as well. Try on a pair, I bet you'll be sold too!

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
Oh yeah, if anyone wants to buy a like new pair of Tech 8's (size 6) let me know. They've been collecting dust for quite some time. ;)

Steve St.Laurent

Mi. Trail Riders
Feb 6, 2006
One I haven't seen mentioned yet are the Sidi Crossfires. Just got a pair last week and they are awesome boots. I put 6 hours on them last weekend and they were perfect right out of the box - no break in at all. I didn't notice them when I was riding - it was like they weren't there which is the best I could expect out of a pair of boots. I took a number of hits to them that didn't hurt at all that I know from the force of the impact (ripped my foot off the pegs a couple times) would have hurt pretty good in my old boots.

RADRick

Registered
May 3, 2005
After doing this last summer to my left leg in my Alpinestar Tech 8s:
ATT00033.jpg

I'm now using the Gaerne SG-10s and feeling much more confident, comfortable and protected.

yz125204

Jun 26, 2006
tech 10

i have a pair of alpine stars tech 8, i have had them for a few years and they seem to work really well but if ur going to go and but a pair of tech 8s just spend a extra hundred bucks and get a pair of tech 10s, there the best on the market

RADRick

Registered
May 3, 2005
yz125204 said:
i have a pair of alpine stars tech 8, i have had them for a few years and they seem to work really well but if ur going to go and but a pair of tech 8s just spend a extra hundred bucks and get a pair of tech 10s, there the best on the market
In my top-secret moto job I get to try a lot of neat stuff, Tech 10s included. IMHO, no boot with a booty can give the ankle support that a well-designed, properly fit, non-booty boot can. Ergo, the Gaerne SG-10s get my personal seal of approval. I wouldn't be so foolish as to proclaim them "best on the market," though. Maybe if human physiology ever evolves to the point where we all have the exact same physical makeup, I'll rethink my reluctance to name a clear-cut winner with a blanket statement such as yours. :p

Top Bottom