Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas

BigRedAF

Jan 9, 2005
That sucks, he built some real nice cars over the years. He's fairly young all things considered.

I'll be in Ontario, CA late tonight. I've seem him flying in and out of that airport several times in the past few years. His shop must be in the area.

I'll grab a local paper in the morning and see if I can come up with anything...

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
never really could get into the show. Too much drama and not enough cool stuff.

He will be missed, though.

BigRedAF

Jan 9, 2005
I have heard recently that he was being investigated for 14 million in taxes owed to the State of California. Evidently a lot of the cars he had made since 1975 were registered as older cars not requiring emission standards. They were being sold as restored vehicles to avoid some type of tax when they were actually built from the ground up. I'm sure this put a tremendous amount of stress on him.

Perhaps someone can shed some light on this...

stumanarama

Aug 29, 2007
Yeah, he was taking vin numbers off of old junk yard cars and slappin em on his new stuff that he built in house. Its too bad he died though, I know the show was BS but the things that he has built over the years are amazing.

DWreck

~SPONSOR~
Apr 14, 2002
XRpredator said:
never really could get into the show. Too much drama and not enough cool stuff.

He will be missed, though.
Yep, that was one screwy work environment. It never ceased to amaze me how those guys could bicker and fight amongst themselves and still manage to roll out such beautiful creations.

By comparison it made Unique seem look a great place to work.

FruDaddy

Aug 21, 2005
I thought that the show was trying to hard to be a four wheeled "American Chopper", but that will never negate the beautiful creations to roll out of Boyd's shop. The automotive world has suffered a tremendous loss.

Top Bottom