Boyesen Quickshot on a YZ450F 2006 issues I think

skos

Jan 24, 2009
Boyesen Quickshot on a YZ450F 2006 issues I think

Just picked up this bike and it is dying at low idle. I will run maybe 5 min and when I come into a turn she dies. It has a boyesen quickshot on the carb.

I already took the carb off twice and cleaned everything including the hoses. My manual show the Pilot Jet should be a #42. there is a #45 in.

What is involved when installing a Boyesen Quickshot? Do you do any mods to any of the jets?

skos

Jan 24, 2009
here is a pic
YamahaYZ450FCarb023.jpg

YamahaYZ450FCarb026.jpg

YamahaYZ450FCarb024.jpg

YamahaYZ450FCarb025.jpg

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
Clean the carb, like it was going in for open heart surgery. I would remove both the bs scary things, they do look scary. Rejet the carb to stock, for your altitude and temperature/Call JD Monday and get a jetting/needle kit. I am not sold on the quickshot setup. Yamaha was pretty good on their leak/power jet. Save the money and do your own quickshot, set the ap squirt, and do the ap o ring mod. Vintage Bob

skos

Jan 24, 2009
whenfoxforks-ruled said:
Clean the carb, like it was going in for open heart surgery. I would remove both the bs scary things, they do look scary. Rejet the carb to stock, for your altitude and temperature/Call JD Monday and get a jetting/needle kit. I am not sold on the quickshot setup. Yamaha was pretty good on their leak/power jet. Save the money and do your own quickshot, set the ap squirt, and do the ap o ring mod. Vintage Bob

what are the bs scary things?

skos

Jan 24, 2009
Is this the stock carb? (YZ450F)

Just picked up this bike and it is dying at low idle. I will run maybe 5 min and when I come into a turn she dies. I can run all day on a flat fast track. However if I go into tight woods and I have to slow down, she dies.

It has a boyesen quickshot sticker on the carb.

Here are the pics
http://www.dirtrider.net/forums3/showthread.php?p=1405449#post1405449

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
skos said:

Yes and NO. From the looks of it someone bolted every useless piece of aftermarket junk to the stock carb rather than just jetting the bike for the conditions. :coocoo:

As was suggested earlier, putting the carb back to completely stock would be a good starting point to making it run right.

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
Dang near every bolt on company markets a variance of the blade in the carb, to split the pressure wave, somehow, like magic? I was floored that the Boyseen site did not recommend these for my 01 smoker? IF THEY SELL, MAKE THEM? This is good compared to the IF THEY MAKE THEM, THEY WILL SELL. There may be hope, after all? No such luck. Punch in the 07 CR250 and bam, I need a power wing? And I believe scary now is the only one that markets 1 for both sides? But a 1500 dollar carb????

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom