ragingbull

Nov 23, 2004
Which reeds should I go with on my new KX100? The V-Force or the Boyesen Rad valve or Carbon Tech or ??? as I am for sure open for suggestions. So much hype and propaganda I don't know what to believe!!! I have talked with many different 2 stroke tuners and get a different answer from each. Pro Circuit says V-Force another well respected place that is now doing my porting says they for sure would go with the Rad valve over the V-Force... Give me some direction and no more propaganda from companies that just want to tell me whatever they sell is the best or atleast better then the ones they don't sell...

Rcannon

~SPONSOR~
Nov 17, 2001
These things are a tough choice. I have owned all of the different valves yoru talking about. The only one worth dealing with, for me, has been the v force 3. My jetting remained in the normal range with this product.

The rad valve made my bike hit slightly harder. BUT>>>>>>The jetting was so off the charts I have to replace every jet as well as the needle to make my bike run.

Thee v force dropped right in. My powerband may be wider than stock. Certainly not worth the 125.00 dollars it cost.

My advise would be to use the carbon tech reeds bolted to the stock reed cage. Jet your bike properly.
Take the left over money and send it to eric for a port job. You'll be money and performance ahead with this.

To give you some idea of my jetting adventures with the rad valve, I now own every Kehin main jet from size 155-180. I have 5 needles and 5 pilot jets...

I think many of the bolt on parts make your bike feel faster by removing power. For example, if you remove just low end, the midrange feels like it hits harder.

VISaki

May 25, 2008
V-Force I have the original and I'm going to the 3's here soon great add on I must say for the kx100 next to expansion chamber and exhaust....plus a 52 tooth sprocket will kill stock 125's... for sure.

Top Bottom