jahames7

Nov 29, 2009
Can anybody tell me the pros and cons of the rad valve vs the V-Force valve system?

I understand that the V-Force system gives better throttle response due to the reeds having to more half the normal distance but how does the v-Force compare with the rad valve when it comes to durability and life of the reeds?

Matt90GT

May 3, 2002
Well the reeds have to move less since there is more of them with the Vforce, so it will cut down the wear on them also

I have always used the Vforce systems. They work really well, give you more mid range hit.

The Boysens are custom designed to each bike. Problem I have found is they dont make replacement reeds for them readily. Last one I saw, we waited 6 months for them directly from Boysen and no parts house had them either. Gave up, went to stock and will never use a boysen product again.

Porkchop

~SPONSOR~
Apr 27, 2001
RAD=reduced area design.V-force=increased area design

Hi there Jahames7, the rad valve will give your 125 more low end & mid range torque at rpm's lower than the power spike.The v- force will increase mid range & that top end spike, but will have less low end torque. Both are good products, parts supply issues can be solved via the internet, bike shops sometimes drop the ball on customers due to lack of dollar volume on small orders & then they tell the customer there is a supply problem from the manufacturer, shop around.
Best Regards, Porkchop...

Matt90GT

May 3, 2002
Kind of hard to order parts/supplies when Boysen does not make the replacement reeds for 6+ months.

NO ONE Had them either for the bike. Not online, not boysen, not Parts, Tucker, WPS or any local dealers. Sorry, but really poor move. Makes me think the company will fold.

Porkchop

~SPONSOR~
Apr 27, 2001
Mr. Boysen is not a young guy, nor is his company, but his products worked & did what he claimed. Sorry to here that their production is having problems, the fact that 4 strokes don't have reeds would definitely hurt their business, he made good stuff for several decades. Good Luck, Porkchop...

Top Bottom