Brake pedal wearing holes in soles HELP!!

MikeT

~SPONSOR~
Jan 17, 2001
Is it just me, or is anybody else having problems with their brake pedals wearing out the sole on your right boot? I am having the soles replaced and don’t want this to happen again. Should I just lower my brake pedal or is there something else I can do to stop it from wearing holes in my boot soles?? 1996 YZ125 Alpine Star T8 soon to have SIDI soles installed.

gwcrim

~SPONSOR~
Oct 3, 2002
Fill in the blank:

Brakes are for ________.

Might try either A) not using it so much, or B) lowering the pedal.

endosports

Jan 10, 2002

The sidi's are good soles but the AXO Soles will last the longest. I always have my left side go out from grinding on the peg while shifting. But keep pressing on those pegs in the corners!

MikeT

~SPONSOR~
Jan 17, 2001
Originally posted by tchamberlain
Use the front brake more.
Funny you should say that because I almost never use my rear brake. That's why I am thinking lowering the pedal might help. I almost exclusively use my front. I just went into the garage and lowered the pedal as low as it goes (which isn't a lot).

As far as the AXO soles, Sole Performance only has the AS sole, the Gaerne' and the SIDI. He says the SIDI is the best in his opinion. I really don't know but it is such a shame because the AS T8 is a great boot on the top, it's just the sole that is bad.

Last edited:

endosports

Jan 10, 2002
Originally posted by MikeT
. I really don't know but it is such a shame because the AS T8 is a great boot on the top, it's just the sole that is bad.

I don't think that the soles are bad or defective but just super soft. I don't think Mcgrath or Carmichael would ever complain about the soles but they also only use them for a race when us normal guys try to make them last one or two years.

MikeT

~SPONSOR~
Jan 17, 2001
They are definately too soft for real world use. My original T8 soles only lasted three rides and AS replaced them without a problem because they should obviously last more than that.

Has anyone modified their brake pedal to help with this problem??

ktmracer

~SPONSOR~
Aug 9, 1999
most of the time the sole is being eaten up by the peg, while kickstarting. i destroy a pair a year.

bclapham

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 5, 2001
yep, its not the brake, my T6 are nearly shot from starting up the bike- the peg really mashes them up quick.

MikeT

~SPONSOR~
Jan 17, 2001
Originally posted by bclapham
yep, its not the brake, my T6 are nearly shot from starting up the bike- the peg really mashes them up quick.
I have a definate wear spot from the peg and another from what I am very sure is the brake pedal. It is only on my right boot and on the innermost portion of the sole in fron tof the wear spot from the peg. I think since I rarely use my rear brake that possibly the front of my foot has been grazing the pedal as I ride. I am hoping that lowering it might help....... Maybe??

Moto Squid

~SPONSOR~
Jul 22, 2002
I ate through the left edge of my right boot with my old T6's...twice! I dunno why but I tore those things up really good from the brake and the pegs. I must move around too much or something :confused:

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…