roostafish

Jul 14, 2000
I don't understand this, and can't pinpoint it on my riding, but my left sole wears out very quickly in comparison to the right. I still have the original sole on my right Tech 8, and am on number four on the left. I am a stand up woods rider. Does anyone else have this issue? Anyone wear out the right and want to trade new inserts from the left for the right? :-)

HOYDAJJ

Sep 11, 2000
This my not be the cause at all, but could the extra movement of shifting cause the left side to wear longer? That is the only explanation I can think of, since you probably shift a lot in the woods. The other possibility I came up with is you enjoy flat left handers and slide your way round them dirt track style with your boot sliding on the ground:)

kiwi_925

Jan 29, 2001
I am the same, i must get a replacement for my sole of my tech 6's asap! I dont know what it is either, and it is the left side as well. I do motox and cross country's, but dont know what it happens, the right sole is a o k, looks barely worn.

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
Does it wear all over, or can you see a U shaped worn out area where it meets the footpeg?

Do you shift much or tend to keep it in the same gear for long periods of time?

When you shift, do you have to reposition your foot or is it always "right there"?

I have worn boots out that way from keeping my foot in the same place all of the time. If you move your right foot to hit the brake frequently, you may be using different areas of the sole.

MilkJuGGz

Apr 1, 2002
Hrm you guys are lucky. The right sole on my RC-5's were starting to chunk pretty deep from kickstarting. Anyone else have a problem with that? Doesn't seem to be doing it as much anymore.

~JuGGz

mxneagle

Jan 7, 2001
Think about it, you do way more shifting than breaking, and every up-shift requires down pressure on the instep of your foot. Basically you are forced to keep your left foot more in the same place on the peg than your right one. All of the breaking is done by taking the weight off the boot sole. Make sense?

roostafish

Jul 14, 2000
This makes perfect sense, I tried to examine what was happening as I rode yesterday, and this seems right. My left foot stays in much the same place as I ride, the right does get unweighted to reach the brake pedal.

Moto Squid

~SPONSOR~
Jul 22, 2002
my left boot gets chewed from the pegs near the back of the arch while my right one gets chewed from the front of the arch and forward but mostly on the edge from the brake. I must move my feet and slide on the brake too much

Top Bottom