Mohawkman 2

Aug 18, 2012
I recently took a spill, but from what I was doing should of been right. I was using the front brake into a turn and all of the sudden the front tire slids out and I lay the bike down. I am very confused on which brake I should apply more force to. This is very important to me because I broke five bones in my foot because of this mistake. Unfortunately I was wearing regular shoes. Instead of motocross boots, that I am going to buy once I heal up. From what I have heard is that you need to apply 70% front and 30% rear? But how can you provent from laying the bike down?

2-Strokes 4-ever

~SPONSOR~
Feb 9, 2005
Missouri
Your front brake produces the most stopping power since the rear end of the bike is light when slowing down.

Use mostly front when traction is good, but let off it when turning or leaning. Practice, practice, and soon you'll be letting off at the proper time and perhaps still scrubbing off some speed with the rear while in the turn. But for the most part your braking should be done before entering the turn, then accelerate through.

Top Bottom