Brand New 2005 RM250 Run-In but won't rev

muddy226

Sponsoring Member
Sep 14, 2003
that bing......binging is usually because the idle is too high or the choke is set wrongly. The choke, or bypass start circuit or whatever they call it could cause the performance problem. I'm sure that the dealer or Suzuki will get it sorted.

Aug 29, 2005
Hey all, Sorted the problem. Two of the three wires going to the throttle position sensor were connected the wrong way round and the sensor was bad so the mechanic said.

He swapped the wires round and added a new sensor, now I got proper 250 power!!! Only now a friend wanted a 2005 Suzuki RM250, and as mines as new condition he took it for a spin and bought it off me.

So this afternoon I went to my local (local as in 50 miles away!) Yamaha dealer and bought the 2006 YZ250. I put an hour of steady riding on the engine earlier and can't wait to let it have it tomorrow.

Thanks for everyones support in sorting this problem, You all made it a whole lot easier and I've learn't a lot from this experience.

Many Thanks,

Ashley,

Any feedback on the 2006 Yamaha YZ250 would be most appreciated.

DLHamblin

May 27, 2005
2005RM250OWNER said:
I was told that MX bikes come with no warranties due to the fact that they are competition bikes. But I'm sure I still have consumer rights if the product is not fit for the purpose that it is intended for. If it drags on anymore I'm gonna give the dealer an ultimatum, new bike or full refund. I wouldn't mind but the bike was brand new and I've put like 12 hours on an engine that have not been enjoyed, so I think a new bike maybe the only option soon.

Regards,

Ashley.

My '06 Yamaha YZ250 had a factory 30 day warranty (which so far I have not needed).

DLHamblin

May 27, 2005
2005RM250OWNER said:
Any feedback on the 2006 Yamaha YZ250 would be most appreciated.

I've had mine about 3 weeks, riding 3-4 times a week (we have our own land). Its on its original plug, runs great (haven't felt a need to play with jetting).

Suspension was quite stiff but has loosened up fine. At 46 I ride for fun so I am not pushing it on an MX track but on our home track and trails its been great. Haven't done much yet with the suspension settings.

coretex

Aug 31, 2005
Im still breaking my bike in, planning to do alot of riding this weekend, the yamaha give a 3mnth warrenty in AUS which is great considering no other bike manufactor gives any warrenty let alone 3mnths.

As far as i can see the bike has alot of balls and looking forward to the future with it.

Aug 29, 2005
Hey all, finished running-in the YZ250, Man has that motor got some pull!!! 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th gear all lift the front wheel Hard!!! Awesome power!

Only thing is when riding the trails the susupension is way hard and stiff. Anyone got any suspension tuning settings/tips or does it just need to wear in?

Awesome bike though. so much POWER!!!!

Top Bottom