Broken compression valve assembly

kaw Bill

Oct 1, 1999
I was installing Gold Valves in my 96 Kdx 200 and after putting the valve and stack on the compression valve assembly and hand tightening the nut I broke the valve assembly wile tightening it. Yes, I was using a torque wrench set to the proper torque. Has anyone done this before? If so, how much did you pay for the new part. Anyone have a used one from a damaged fork?

thanks
kaw Bill

acutemp

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 4, 1999
Bill, this has happened before and there has been a few threads on it. You might do a search but they are most likely gone. From what I recall there is a fix for what you have done but I can't recall just what it involves. Give FRP a call, if I remember right he carries the parts you need to take care of your misfortune. I remember when I revalved mine I was a bit nervous torquing down those nuts. Good luck.--Dan

kaw Bill

Oct 1, 1999
Thanks Dan, I have a call into Fredette. just waiting to hear back from Him. Hope He had a used one on hand.

kaw Bill

Canadian Dave

Super Power AssClown
Apr 28, 1999
Race Tech sells a compression bolt repair kit. If I understand right you drill and tap your valve then install the new bolt. I'm sure Fredette has them in stock.

David

kaw Bill

Oct 1, 1999
I called Fredette last night and he returned my call by 10:00 this morning. He ended up sending me a used valve assembly immediately. He made it sound like a fairly common thing. I can't imagine recieving higher quality service. Nice guy too.

kaw Bill

Top Bottom