The^^Rock

~SPONSOR~
Feb 18, 2002
Hi all,

Was out riding today and had a little fall, bike came out ok except that The bottom leaver holder from the front brake reservoir has broken off. Hard to explain so ive made two little pictures to try and explain it

broke.JPG

The question is, would an instant steel product be able to repair this or does it look like im up for a hole new Reservoir?

Thanks In Advance,

James

IrishEKU

A General PITA.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 21, 2002
Your best bet is HERE But seince your part is one of the two that suffer most from a spill it's unlikly. You could also try Here because they beat OEM stuff on the price ;) Every time I talk about the place my boss says he'll fire me :)

Good Luck!

Phillip

David Trustrum

~SPONSOR~
Jan 25, 2001
Dude, run your spell checker.

Well no way would instant metal be worth trying. It has no real tensile strength.

However if you got desperate you could totally disassemble the cylinder, removing the seals & piston & then get it ally welded by a competent welder, not just a mate. If they can keep enough heat out of the rest of it, it won’t distort the bore. Has worked ok before now.

Must be cleaned thoroughly after & the time you pay to get someone to disassemble/assemble it may not be worth it if you can’t do it yourself.

If your cylinder has a little window this will need to be pushed out & glued in later with epoxy.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom