SterlingYZ

Mar 19, 2003
OK, so I broke down and bought the clutch holder tool, and I went out to the garage to use it, but something just doesn't seem right. It seems as if one end fits fairly well in the little nubs of the inner clutch piece, but the other one doesn't seem to fit IN it, just kind of on top of it. When I try to clamp down with the Vice part of it, it slides off and takes a bit of metal with it, sort of scrapes it off. I tried this 4 different times in different spots around the inner "hub" of the clutch, and I am starting to get worried that I am going to do some damage. I tried a search on the internet on how to use it, but I am coming up dry. Can anyone PLEASE tell me the proper way to use this tool, are they supposed to fit snugly in the holes? What to I do if it does not? This is confusing. Thanks in advance for any and all help. Wish me luck! :)

-Sterling

marcusgunby

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 9, 2000
It should fit very nicely in the grooves-if not it will slip and damage the inner basket-sounds like it was badly made.Maybe run a file down the edge to make it sit into the groove-obviously once you do this you cant take it back.

David Trustrum

~SPONSOR~
Jan 25, 2001
Sounds awfully like the holder wasn’t for this model (ie for a suzy) & uses different spacing??

Check the fingers against a metal clutch plate. (then weld a bracket to the steel plate & use that instead).

Top Bottom