broken odometer and headlight bracket

ericsbandit

Nov 26, 2002
On my annual trip to Colorado this year I managed to crash into a tree and break my headlight bracket and odometer. What do you guys suggest I replace them with? I'd like to find a replacement odometer and keep a headlight, instead of a number plate, but that may be the cheapest route.
That appears to be the only damage, other than a scuffed helmet and a sore head.

est142

Dec 30, 2003
if you are talking about the plastic light shell...you can make major rebuilds on that by using automotive bodywork type fiberglass resin and matting, on the backside of the headlight shell. you might want to consider an odometer upgrade, and grab one of those digital enduro computers for about $75 out of rockymountain atv.

davidg

Apr 30, 2002
I used shoe goo to remount the plastic tab on to the back of my head light. Matter of fact I just reglued it again, the first glue job lasted me over a year.

Nice Guy Eddie

Uhhh...
Jun 30, 2004
Dennis Kirk

this is the link to the headlight plastic I used (they have many others)....
I needed to adapt the bracket slightly to fit my '01 KDX200... took about 10 minutes and two peices of copper tube (as spacers to get the light low enough).... it is designed to hold your current lense assembly

http://www.denniskirk.com/jsp/produ...0NCIV0?catId=114&leafCatId=11404&skuId=610283

they have pretty decent pricing... and LOTS of choices, I chose this one
because it was cheap and looked like it would work (they also have full
headlight assemblies too)... check them out... good luck

Racer X

~SPONSOR~
Feb 4, 2004
I found a good replacement headlight from these guys-

Linky

For the odo, I did what these guys suggested and found one on E-B-A-Y. Good luck. Hey if you go the number plate route, can I buy your h'light switch from you?

Last edited:
Top Bottom