Garyb

Jul 20, 2000
Hey Grinch...its a foreigner thing - thet are poop scared somebody from another country will take a title. Its got to do with insecurity.

WhKnuckle

May 14, 2003
I've never heard Reed make any racial remarks about Stewart and I've never seen a quote to that effect. In fact, Reed is part Aborigine and is unlikely to be ******. The fact is, he said he thought he could run with Bubba and Bubba wanted to prove he couldn't - and in fact did prove it, at least on that day and that track. Then Langston said he thought he could run with Bubba and Bubba knocked him down in the first turn. So the bottom line is, don't say you can race Bubba? Don't believe you can beat him? When people did that with RC last year, all the guys in the 250 class were labeled wimps, but with the Wunderkind it's all right. BS - Bubba's the biggest thing in MX (well, in the support class) but tomorrow he could be yesterday's news. All I'm saying is that he has a real attitude, and he's one crash away from a wheelchair, and he's giving people a lot of reason not to care much if it happens.

If anybody else took out a championship contender in the first turn when he has no reasonable chance for the title (and Bubba really doesn't unless disaster hits both Langston and Ryno), everybody would be up in arms. They'd be saying, let the contenders go at it and leave them alone. But because it's Bubba, and he's todays wonder boy, it's OK? BS.

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
Originally posted by WhKnuckle

If anybody else took out a championship contender in the first turn when he has no reasonable chance for the title (and Bubba really doesn't unless disaster hits both Langston and Ryno), everybody would be up in arms. They'd be saying, let the contenders go at it and leave them alone. But because it's Bubba, and he's todays wonder boy, it's OK? BS.

If Bubba went down in the 1st turn (Which he has) more than likely he would charge from the back (Which he has) and win :laugh:

WhKnuckle

May 14, 2003
Sure he would - he's the fastest guy in the class by several seconds per lap. What's the point of that? If you're fast enough you make your own rules? If you're fast enough you can knock down a championship contender for no reason? If you're fast enough you don't have to respect your competitors? If you're fast enough, being a decent sportsman is optional - you can wait for Chad Reed just so you can pass him, you can knock Langston down because he thinks he can race you? I really don't have much love for either Langson or Reed (esp. Reed), but that just ain't right, and if he'd tried that with the old school guys, they'd cut his water off - and if he tries it with RC, it's gonna get ugly in a hurry.

What really gets under my skin about it is, if he wasn't doing that kind of stuff to foreign riders, everybody would be more PO'ed - but since Reed and Langston aren't American, I guess it's OK. Well, here's one American who thinks it ain't OK.

BTW, I'm glad Bubba apologized - that's the least he could do.

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
The point i was trying too make in my earlier post is Bubba is not out of title contention.. You mentioned that he took out ( i say rubbed) a title contender, i say their both contenders.. You seem too be counting him out.. Honestly, i never really thought of Langston or Reed being foreigners, i think their MX'rs..

WhKnuckle

May 14, 2003
I apologize for jumping Bubba's stuff so hard - but I'd love to see him be the asset to the sport that he can be. But unless he gets over some of his hostility, he's not going to get there. And I don't see anybody around him that has the position to call him down about it. He's just a kid and kids don't just grow up - they have to be raised to have certain values, and if the only value they get raised with is win, win, win; well, we'd better not expect much of them except winning.

When Roger DeCoster was racing, there were always challengers, but nobody had the ability to rise above pettiness and passion like he did; and that's why he's the greatest sportsman in our sport's history. Bubba has all the physical abilities, but he needs to get ahold of the soul part of the thing. The golden rule doesn't get suspended for the next 35 minutes every time the gate drops.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Originally posted by Garyb
Hey Grinch...its a foreigner thing - thet are poop scared somebody from another country will take a title. Its got to do with insecurity.
Sorry... Ding Ding Ding ... Wrong.

It's simply a statement that;

1) was made to stir the pot, this the "The line is cast" statement. Maybe not obvious enough, but that means "take the bait" .. "trolling".. get it? It was intended to be bold. Maybe the humor is lost on some?

2) That being said, I honestly believe Stewart will take it to a LOT of the "fast" guys in the 250 class, including Reed. Not because Reed isn't American (it's not complicated or Nationalist GaryB) but because Stewart is faster... simple really.

knuckle seems to believe that the only way Stewart will get beat is to get hurt, you've mentioned it a couple times already.. it very well may be that Stewart is the only one that can beat Stewart. Keep hoping he falls apart, because we've all seen what happens to Reed when he's even remotly close to Stewart... funniest thing I've ever seen was Reed's bike laying on the ground, Reed trying to pick it up and block Bubba at the same time :aj:

I've never heard Reed make any racial remarks about Stewart and I've never seen a quote to that effect.
Well then, it can't be. :silly: [/quote]

Hey, I'll hate seeing Stewart put it on K-Dub (my emotional fav), but that doesn't mean it won't happen.

Who here has actually seen this dirty incident? WhKnuckle? Anyone? Maybe I missed it. I've also apparently missed all this "hostility" you speak of. Are we watching the same races? Talking about the same Stewart?

2smoke

Sep 21, 2001
Yeah its called throwing some burley in the water and seeing if the sharks come up snappin. Ill bite!!!. I somehow feel Reed is a faster man than Langston at least in SX. He will not get slower in the off season... only quicker....the question remains as to how much RC and Bubba improve over the break....and they too will be faster than they were this year. Personally I can see Bubba doing alot of damage....but Im old school I like to see someone earn their 250 stripes. RC had to.....Bubba should win straight off but Im hopin he makes some mistakes....just so he can earn his stripes. Then he can kick all the ass he wants. No logic here mate.....its just the way I like things to be.....though with that much talent maybe he deserves an open door.....nah Too much success too quick...Id get jealous.

kiwi_925

Jan 29, 2001
I havent seen bubba have to do an out and out dice with someone yet but if he was to starting bumping if RC id put my money on RC to put him in the cheap seats, look what he did to Ron Ron last year, RC doesnt like soemthing you done to him he'll let you know about it and fast. Id much rather see Hughes win the title as i see him as a blue collar working type guy, and bubba.. well he can win some titles another day cos he will.

Thump

Jr Admin Type
Jan 17, 2000
Originally posted by WhKnuckle
I've never heard Reed make any racial remarks about Stewart and I've never seen a quote to that effect.
Bubba eluded to it in an interview when asked what was the deal with why he slowed down for Reed only to embarass him a few corners later.

I am with Okie on the "Bubba is a dirty rider" comments. I think you guys are seeing a different race than they broadcast in Texas.

nephron

Dr. Feel Good
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 15, 2001
I hate to be an antinationalist here ;) , but I'm telling you---Reed is faster than hell in SX. If he doesn't get first next year, it'll definitely be 2nd. It, of course, depends on what Bubba decides to do. But from what I understand, at least for SX he's staying 125. That leaves no one in the 250 group right now that can beat him consistently. He's that good.

BunduBasher

Boodoo-Bash-eRRR
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
Originally posted by Okiewan
1) Even if Langston cherry picks his way to a 125 title this year.. it'll be his first and only title in American MX/SX.

2) Reed will not have another American SX/MX title

... the line is cast :thumb:

I love predictions like this, they usually turn out the opposite. As things are going, maybe Langston will never have an American MX/SX title - the season ain't over yet. Reed may be the next SX king, who knows.

Mind you, even with RC and Bubba as fast as they are, they can still be beat. Nobody wins forever.

Thump, funny stuff. If I recall, Langston was the class act in his first year in MX. Brown was a total maniac and took out everybody he could on his way to the title.

BTW, MX is a dirty sport, hard and dangerous. Who dares wins. Payback for a dirty move is all fair and sqaure. Just be prepared to take as good as you give. Cowboys don't cry ! ;) JBS will find out the hard way. .......

Last edited:

WhKnuckle

May 14, 2003
Thump - nope, if you're in Texas, we're watching the same broadcast - I'm just outside Houston.

Where are you, and are you going to Lake Whitney for the Pro Circuit round up there in October - it'd be fun to hook up, hoist a few and debate JBS's manners in person.

Thump

Jr Admin Type
Jan 17, 2000
I am in Dallas. I won't be at Whitney in October, but I will be at Cooperland the end of Sept thru the 1st week of October. DirtWeek yanno? Come on up for a few days, it would be interesting to discuss Bubba's manners in person. Besides, I type too slow to get out half of what I am thinking.

jpuetz

May 2, 2001
So that picture is "the agressive pass"?? Wow, how horrible. BS!! Brown has done worse to Hughs in practice. If you think that is a dirty move then you probably should get on a race track because you will eventually get it worse than that. Bubba has enough talent to park 111 in the cheapseats if he wanted. I think he was being nice by allowing him to continue.

crash_42

Jul 2, 2003
Well now that I have read the 5 pages of posts in this thread :) and it really does seem to focus on BUBBA and Langston.. here are my 2 cents.

1) My intial post in this thread was basicaly to say WOW why would he even accuse BUBBA of something like that when BUBA can clearly lay the beats on anyone in the class...

2) I read RacerX interview with Langston this morning and he reports that the hit was enough to numb the leg.. does he have a case there who knows

3) What is realy interesting here is that although BUBBA doesn't need any help to win a race he does need some luck (or here is what i am looking at) he does ned help i.e. Langston getting as litle amount of pionts per MOTO possible to WIN the championship.allowing him to gain the most possible points ON Langston, hmmm . something to think about

nephron

Dr. Feel Good
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 15, 2001
Yeah, the pic probably doesn't do it justice. He said his leg went 'dead'. In the pic, you can see that both wheels are off the ground in the corner, which is certainly not an 'obstacle'--looks like maybe JBS knifed under/into him right before the pic was taken. With the front wheel pointed toward the outside of the corner, it looks like he was sliding to the right. His wheel direction, if not post contact, should be the other way. I'll bet Stewart slammed his freakin' ass--and so what? That's cool by me. Maybe it was a statement--maybe it was just that Langston was slow and Stewart was annoyed with his lack of progress. Maybe it's because Stewart's irritated with the whole mess, like I would be, because he's the fastest rider out there and not going to get the title---because, in part, half the KTM team has been pulling over for the two champs for the last half of the season? Maybe he just doesn't like white guys? ;)

crash_42

Jul 2, 2003
hihihihihihihi :) maybe he dosen't at that..

My point is that maybe,, BUBBA is playing alittle dirty and by allmeans do it makes for good racing and I highly doubt that in the midst of a championship race like this that Langston would not do the same... just food for thought and that maybe BUBBA wants the title as bad as the other guys and is willing to really go after it

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
I saw the video on Speedvision last night and Bubba just took the inside line and barely bumped Grant. It looked more like Grant got startled that Bubba was even there and he lost his concentration.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom