Rhein

Jul 17, 2006
JJmxr said:
My 5yo thought that Bubba was the greatest person ever, he even mentions him in his nightly prayer. This weekend at Budds Creek that all changed. We got there early, bought our pit passes and got fairly close to the front. After he came out and started signing he worked his way down and started back to the other end where we had made it to the very front. Of course about ten feet before he got to us he went to the lounge of the semi to get ready for practice. My 5yo was crying and very upset, but he understood that it was hard for Bubba to get to every one.

The crowd went away except for a hand full of us that were hoping to get him when he was done with his little meeting. After the meeting he came back out, but pretty much ignored us all. He had plenty of time though to bring some little blonde girl in the pit area and talk to her for 10 minutes, and he even saw someone he knew from the small crowd that was still there and went over and took a picture with him. By then we had positioned ourselves right by the door to his motorhome. My son was holding out that a poster he took from his room ( that Supernatural poster with him laying it out flat at the top of Henry's hill) when Bubba walked to his bus he looked at us and told us he couldn't, even though we were the only ones near him he couldn't take 10 seconds to sign the poster of a crying 5yo. My son was crushed, and we left without watching the race. .

I know that these things happen alot because there are just too many people to please, but when it happens to you its different. Those of you that have kids can understand what its like looking down at a young son or daughter whose lips are trembling and is totally distraught. I can't even begin to say how deeply it hurt to see my son like that. I never wanted to beat up some one so bad. Kawasaki is partly to blame because all the other teams had lines set up for their top guys, but not at team Green it was a free for all.

While I know some out there will defend him the bottom line for me is that Bubba is a spoiled, no good piece of *#%T. We were there for three days racing the amateurs and had many pleasant run ins with other top guys (including a nice long talk with RC). James if you are out there, you have a great talent for crushing 5 year olds. I hope you choke on all the trophies you little jerk.

Yeah I met the guy he is a douche. Eff him.

mdkuder

Who me?
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 4, 2001
Pastrana would have taken the time and signed it!

MX-727

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 4, 2000
2 years, 2 months, 16 days, 12 hours and 4 minutes.

It's amazing what modern science can bring back to life these days. ;)

BlackS84

Sep 17, 2005
I saw him on the podium at Washougal. Afterwards they were walking by the fans to the pits and Bubba and J-bone took their water bottles and a sweaty towel and chucked them into the front row of the crowd. One of the water bottles doinked off one of the fans foreheads and both of them started laughing. I'm a calm person but when I saw that it erked me big time. Do you think I want you muddy waterbottle or sweaty towel? Let me think, NO!

KTM-Lew

Jan 26, 2002
gwcrim said:
I've never understood getting autographs. Nor really the cult of personality. I love watching races. Any kind. I love to see great competition but I could care less who wins. Pro racers of all sorts make a lot of money and are now similar to all the other overpaid professional sports jerks that you see on TV. Pretty soon there will be a racer's strike like the other sports have had.

I appreciate their talent, but I sure won't help inflate their egos and wallets any more than they already are. Nor would I want to bother a racer on race day. That's what I hope to instill in my kids.

I took my boy to a race last year. Half way through it, he said, 'let's go home and ride'. That's my boy! I'd rather be a lowly slow participant in any sport than the most ardent fan with posters and jerseys and money wasted on someone else's "memorabilia".

Life isn't a spectator sport. Toss a leg over and RIDE!

Bingo! We have an adult in-da-house! :cool:

railer

Nov 4, 2005
HAHA, that's funny. But that fan should have hummed that bottle back at 'em. And as for the towel, wrap a large boulder inside it and throw it back at 'em also.

That'll teach 'em.

People like that are role models no matter what they want. They should understand that. You can't be famous like that and only be role model when you feel like it. If you're in public, you're a role model. That's why they get the big bucks, as far as I'm concerned.

GROW UP!

phirechick

Sponsoring Member
Jul 3, 2001
I'll take you back two years. Anaheim one, standing in the tunnel at Anaheim 1 with a disappointed 6yo in the pouring rain. No KTM Challenge, but introductions for the kids. Here comes RC walking by all the lil dudes, yelling his name and not so much a glance. Didn't like him before and not after. Next to come thru, you guessed, Bubba.
Stopped at every single kid wished them luck and shook their hands.

Vic

***** freak.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
I guess, maybe, they're all jerks. :)

Top Bottom