Bulletcam and service

Bigbird

Aug 29, 2000
My wife bought me a helmet cam setup from Bulletcam last Christmas. I wasn't able to use it until last month when I took it to Colorado for a ten day ride. The cam attaches to the helmet with the common velcro system, and has a cable that can be disonnected at the helmet. That cable looks similar to a phone cable with very thin wires. It lasted one day of riding before it broke from fatigue.

Since I returned from the trip, I have emailed and called Bulletcam several times to either get a new cable (which I offered to pay for), or get information on what was necessary to make one myself. I have had no response from them. Consequently, I now have a worthless system. Has anyone here had any experience with these folks, and can they give me some advice on how to reach them as their website contact references are not providing a remedy? Or, does someone have the same system, and could they give me advice on how to make up a cable that will work?

Thanks.

FruDaddy

Aug 21, 2005
Their service can be quite slow, and getting somebody on the phone is a bit difficult. If you want to repair it yourself, you should have no problem finding the 4 pin connector and crimp tool at radio shack. From there, make sure that you get the wires in the right place in the crimper, and also make sure you get the sheathing far enough into the connector that is is crimped down as well.

Bigbird

Aug 29, 2000
Thanks FruDaddy. My cable's sheathing had slipped down exposing the three wires. I don't think those can take the work wear without the support of the sheathing, or more, and just broke from fatigue. I would rather make one myself, and hopefully reinforce those areas.

FruDaddy

Aug 21, 2005
That's a common mistake when building that type of cable. You can just cut it off and repair it. If you know somebody that works for the local phone company, you might be able to borrow the tool and save a bit of green.

MX-727

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 4, 2000
Take the cable into Lowe's or Home Depot and see if one of the guys will let you "demo" the crimper. :)

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…