busted

Mar 29, 2010
so i broke my buddies ride..... i felt bad (sorry rob). but i learned a valuable lesson in turning.....too much speed+ too much brake in a turn.... equals me falling and bike going into the air.

and i gave my buddy money for the part that i broke

rmc_olderthandirt

~SPONSOR~
Apr 18, 2006
Hopefully it was something cheap like a clutch lever!

It is amazing to me just how much abuse a dirt bike will take but if it hits just right there are a number of things that can break on even a gentle tip over. It's good that you paid for the damage, but I wouldn't worry about beyond that.

Did you have fun while it lasted?

Rod

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
There are few things I like LESS than riding a friends bike. :nod:

I am always worried about dropping it. I have the scars to prove that I put my body between a RM370 and the ground back in the day. The bile was brand new and my buddy had only had it maybe a week. I went down in a corner and rode the bike down rather than hitting the ejection button.

I agree ...

rmc_olderthandirt said:
Did you have fun while it lasted?

robwbright

Apr 8, 2005
My bike Perry was riding - bent the clutch/hot start perch so bad that I couldn't make it work. Also bent the lever and the hand guard (hand guard mount is an easy bend back). I took the money and ordered a replacement perch and lever. No biggie - Just part of riding and trying to get a friend into the sport.

Kind of funny - Perry was feeling all bad about it and said he was good for the money on the part. I said, “Perry, I know you’re good for it - otherwise, you wouldn’t be riding it. That’s rule number 6 of riding - don’t let poor people ride your bike unless you’re willing to make donations - because bikes get crashed and parts get broken.”

The incident also reminded me to keep the levers shorter than the end of the bar. Perry apparently fell right on the end of the bar, and the lever was sticking out slightly past it - which bent the lever and the perch.

I haven't gotten to ride since the incident. I do hope the FastFlexx bars weren't bent. Don't look to be - and I doubt it because of the low speed and the way the bike went down.

Those bars are the only thing I'm really concerned about when I let someone else ride it.

robwbright

Apr 8, 2005
And I'll speak for him - he definitely did have fun while it lasted.

I had to tease him, though - he rode for quite awhile up on the flat ground and on the 50 track and . . . Then he decided to give the big MX track a go.

2/3 of a lap later, we were done for the day. ;)

Beginners. . . LOL.

Sorry to "rat you out", Perry, but I couldn't resist. :)

MXSparx

Mr. Meltsomeglass
Jul 25, 1999
NoVa
So if you had your perch and lever in a normal position, not extending beyond the bar end, they probably would have survived? Isn't that like letting someone ride a bike with loose spokes and expecting them to replace the rim?
I think he should ask for a refund.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…