High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
My left turn signal on the FZ1 got stuck on a month or two ago. Instead of fixing it I just took out the fuse for "Signals". Friday my wife followed me part of the way home and saw that I didn't have any brake or tail lights.

I put that fuse back in and yes, the turn signal was still flashing left and I again have brake and running lights. Oh yeah, and the horn even works again, too!

So I figure the problem is in the control housing on the left handlebar. I took it off and found...

KWIZ TIME!!!
Write down your 3 best guesses what was wrong before proceeding!

---------------------------------------------------

Ever since I broke my neck almost 9 years ago my hands go numb easily in certain positions, pretty bad on the bike. I tried damping the vibration some by filling the handlebars with lead shot over a year ago. It helped noticeably.

When I took off the control housing for the turn signals, horn, high beams, and choke a bunch of lead pellets fell out! Enough had made their way into the housing to jam up the working of the turn signals. On the stock bars there is a hole at the leading edge of the bar into which a locating stud in the turn signal housing goes. I guess at some time that someone put other handlebars that didn't have this hole because the stud was bent over to the side, allowing the pellets to enter the housing. Cleaned out all of the pellets and everything works again!

Anybody guess that?

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
That one is a bit out there....even for you.

Grady

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 19, 2000
Kind of a different spin to the term "Get the lead out"

Top Bottom