smarley

Oct 4, 2007
Hi all,

I recently bought a '94 YZ250 and the rear wheel needs a bit of help. There is a slight bend on the rim (repairable and does not throw it out of true or round) and one of the 6 ears on the sprocket flange is broken.

I won't be riding this bike very aggressively but would like the rear wheel to be in solid shape.

It looks like the best thing to do is replace that rear wheel. Are there shops that will sell you a good wheel (or wheel set, front and rear) that will not break the bank? All of the websites that I have seen want to sell you a $600 wheel with an Excel rim. This is a fun, older bike that I would like to keep in shape without spending a ton of money. The big dollars will be spent in buying a new one.

What sort of wheels can be had at a reasonable price?

Thanks for the help.

Marley

m4i2k2e2

Oct 8, 2007
are you saying the ear on the hub is busted? if so shop around for different hubs. if your looking for a rim pro wheel is what i just bought. 90 bucks for a rear rim. check out www.motosport.com. also, pick up a few magazines, they ahve advertising in there for online stores.

jason33

Oct 21, 2006
yea definatly e@ay
or try dirt cycles salvage-1-508-478-5700 he has lots of stuff and isnt to high on prices - if you cant get one off the auction online

Flux3D

Aug 8, 2007
yeah, go to eb@y. i got a great rear wheel with tire, sprocket, and brake rotor for only $150 plus shipping. It took me a little while to come across that deal but it was worth the time.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

FRESH VIDEO

Top Bottom