ZKDX

~SPONSOR~
Aug 23, 2002
Just a little warning for anyone purchasing a stator for an 87 kdx 200. Purchased one thursday from dennis kirk. overnighted it. took it out of box friday, didn't look the same. papers in box were electrex, called them, after 2hrs on phone, they determine those were not the correct coils and that for an 87 there were different stator coil setups. looked at the desc from dennis kirk, their description matched exactly what my old stator looked like, and said the manufacturer was Moose. I called d.k. and told them of their mismatched desc/part and the wrong manufacturer. she had no idea why that would be. Anywho, electrex said send them my old coil, they would rewind, called local alternator shop, they think they can. Damn what a crappy weekend :flame: :flame: :flame:

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
Sounds like a big help to have a situation all screwed up..call 'em and they say they '...had no idea why that would be'??

Too bad.

On the bright side, though......you still have an avenue for rectification!

Hope you have better luck 'next time'.

ZKDX

~SPONSOR~
Aug 23, 2002
ya, imagine that, i might be able to have my problem fixed right here in town, that would be great! I'm usually pretty happy with D.K. but i wasn't friday!

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom