WhiPit

Mar 16, 2000
What kind of bike? There are other brands of suspension that you can buy that cost half the price and will work just as good once it's set up. Then again, the PC stuff needs set up, too.

RGalesi

Aug 19, 2002
Let me tell you: if you're riding a KTM, check with your dealer, since they sell the parts that Langston (for instance) uses for half of the price of a works Showa, KYB or Ohlins...

Bad news now: if you are not a really PRO (i.e. FAST like hell), you won't even notice the difference, since these babies will out-perform the stock units in some envelopes we mortal guys never achieve (example: really nasty ruts, big stadium triples, deep whoops)...

RGalesi

Aug 19, 2002
I'm assuming money it's a finite resource for you...

If it's not... Buy Öhlins Gold... At least your bike will look tricky...

marcusgunby

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 9, 2000
I have rode a set of pc works forks and they were rock solid.However they expect you to be upto revalving yourself, as they are for pros who need a set up for the riding they do.

mx418

Sep 3, 2002
I have 2000 YZ426 w/Enzo revalve and sub-tanks. I guess instead of buying a new bike I figure I should spend the money on the most important part...suspension! I really love my current setup but if the "works" stuff is that much better it might be worth throwing down the cash.

shaggy829

~SPONSOR~
May 28, 2001
mx418
i would look into the wp 5018 shock .the shock is a true works level piece and is available for a yz . in my opinion the shock is the lesser of the two componets on the yz . the shock temps get way up there when ridden hard .we have had a couple lock up from body distortion due to heat.
the 5018 rocks 18mm shaft ,50mm steel body, billet top, 50mm nitro resivoir. it will stay cool and consitant .
get the right tuner to do your forks and they will be fine.
although a larger diameter fork will give a more positive feel overall.
if you are going to buy after market suspension don't buy ohlins they are all flash.
shaggy

motomickey

May 9, 2002
Yes they are works, do require set up and PC makes very little money on the ones they sell, the only reason they sell them is so they can use them on the team bikes. They are incredibly well made, and if you are really, really fast, then get them. If you ar really rich and want them -get them. If you are one of us who are neither, get your suspension revalved by a competent shop for your riding style and you will be very, very happy. I had PC do my KTM and they made it awesome. MXtech, race tech, factory connection, enduro engineering, provalve,dicks racing and the rest are worth the money. Know that ANY good shop will continue to work with you to get it right if you are not happy with it when you first get it back.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom