C Cycle Cartridges in Marzzochis on GasGas

justql

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 23, 2000
I recently had Mxtech do the suspension on my 2000 ec 250.

I simply told Jeremy to do it right. They anodized the forks, as well as putting new cartridges in them. The rear also recieved attention. I weight 235 lbs with gear. I told him I would be riding in super tight, rocky, single track.

I rode today at the 500 in Stillwater OK. Not alot of rocks. More whoops and sand than I usually ride. What I can say about the suspension is that it's great. I found myself taking lines over what few rocks and roots there were just to see if I could get the suspension to react. I guess it reacted but in such a way that I couldn't feel it. Other than when I just flat tried to make it be bad it would not kick or respond poorly. One nice benefit was the action in the whoops. The bike that used to kick and buck through the whoops was smooth and would follow a straight line through them.

It wasn't cheap but was well worth it.

Lemming

Looking for single women!
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 19, 2000
I've been thinking of having mine does as well. In general I like the feel of my bike, but I know it could be better (especially in the whoops where the back ends bounces from side to side). My problem is that I thought that I couldn't have it both way (smooth in the rocks and roots of single track, yet able to do deal with whoops). From you post, it sound like I'm wrong.

justql

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 23, 2000
My goal was to have it good in the rocks. I don't ride whoopes alot and really didn't expect an improvement in the whoops. I used to have a lot of side to side action in the whoops. It is a lot better now. It tracks straight now. The rocks and roots just seemed to fade away as expected,

Top Bottom