CA red sticker and the 2006 ban?

mxpaint04

Dec 1, 2004
yea i have that issue of dirtrider but, i wanted to buy an X out of state since, they are signifigantly cheaper, not because i wanted the extra power but, from what u just told me it sounds like that i can't bring an X from out of state and get a green sticker. damm....to bad :bang: :think:

ellandoh

dismount art student
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 29, 2004
was planning on glamis in nov. with all this malarkey i believe ill skip it. im from mi. heard that would be the trip to remember.........i guess so if i have a 2003 2stroke ill probably get flogged half to death w/ a bottle of oil after they impound my ride.....since i have an orv sticker and it not red or green :think:

xsnrg

Jul 20, 2004
Does anyone know what the CRF-X airpumps do to improve emissions? I heard they were similar to some cars and all they do is pump fresh air into the exhaust so when it comes out the back, the pollutants are more dilluted (parts per million) and therefore it appears they've lowered the emissions. This in fact would still put out the same amount of pollutants in the same amount of time, though, correct? So are they basically adding a gadget that beats the law but does not truly reduce pollution? What a bunch of BS. Ever follow a tractor trailer that was not tuned correctly and just billowed out smoke for miles at a time? I'll bet one incident of that cancels out thousands of dirtbikes riding for thousands of hours pollution wise.

This is as ridiculous as banning 2strokes in Yellowstone park in the winter. Compared to the hundreds of thousands of deisel trucks, RVs, and other vehicles that are in the park in the summer...it has to be a drop in the bucket in comparision. .

darringer

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 2, 2001
The purpose of the air pump is not to dilute the exhaust. When air is injected into the exhaust, the air combines with unburnt fuel and causes a secondary burn to lower emissions. It does actually work to a small degree. The air pump doesn't really hurt performance, other thanthe small weight gain of the pump and connections.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…