YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
Unless your like AA caliber rider I dont think you would of wanted to be out there without studs today. We did 32 miles of single track and even with studs it was a major workout. I am totaly exhausted. My entire body hurts. What an awsome ride

Bill trying to figure out why his camelback is leaking water down his pants

P1010204.jpg

Cmore trying to get the blood to flow in his hands again

P1010205.jpg

Which way should we go??? I think we will go left!

P1010206.jpg

Lunch at the Boon gas station. We were way outnumbered sleds to bikes. The slednecks were looking at us like we have a few screws loose.

I can guarentee that there wont be many if any more bikes up there till spring.

P1010207.jpg

One seriesly frozen bike. Gonna have to attack it with an ice pick tomorrow.

P1010208.jpg

Last edited:

woodsy

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 16, 2002
Thanks Don!! You just made my day good buddie!! Those are AWESOME pics,, as you know - LOTS of great memories up yonder..
32 miles - I always thought 50 milers were a walk in the park for you ahahahah.
That ice on Skippy sure tell the story Bro! Glad you guys got out and showed those sled heads a thing or two!
Woodsy

YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
50 miles nothing. I tell ya...I got like 2 miles in and was starting to question the wisdom or being out there. It was not easy riding at all. But you know me...I aint one to back down, or turn around for that matter. Gee....where do I get that from????

On the way back, that last 5 miles down the connector trail I was just in survival mode. Trying to go to my "happy place" and block out the hell that the last 5 miles had turned into.

I almost called you on the way home saturday. I was calling anyone in my phonebook trying to find someone to talk to and keep me awake for the 2 hour drive home. I was toast.

I spent almost the entire day today moving from chair to chair in the living room and sleeping in each one of them. It was awsome!

woodsy

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 16, 2002
I wish you woulda called.. I could have lived the experience through your tiredness..
Hey,, wanna short "do you remember when"??
I remember a Snow Chicken a few years ago that ended up EXACTLY like your ride did.. Just before we got back to Peacock the snow got so deep that you literally had to paddle to keep forward motion. So we all get back to Peacock and one of the riders came in - whining like a big bry baby cause his bike was too heavy and he was too tired to go back out and get it - HE LEFT THE THING THERE!! Do you remember who that was?? Yep, you got it, your good buddy Hubster :rotfl:
He was trying to get someone to go help him get it out and as I recall no one did :laugh: Poor poor Hubey :rotfl:
Oh the memories..
Glad you didnt give up on it Don - YOU DA MAN.. A tired and sore man but you are still da man..
Scott :ride:

INCA

~SPONSOR~
Sep 1, 2003
The Three Musketeers - It looks like the snow depth was 6-8 inches, but the difficulty reads much deeper. And how about the temperature? To ice up that much there must have been water underneath somewhere.
How about a comparison on the three types of help for the tires? I know Bill has the traction, power and weight to go wherever he wants to, and with ease. Did Jim have trouble with just screws?
The picture proves you made it to Boon OK. There is no mention of getting lost though and how can that be when you're on the Boon Trail?

Woodsy - Lost, would that be you by chance?

Young Ted

YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
Cmore has Trelly's now. He is at no loss for traction. I dont think any of us were hurting for traction :cool:

The snow depth wasn't all that deep. You could forge virgin trail pretty easy (and we did a lot of that to get out of the main trench). It was just the consistancy that was odd. It was fluffy. But it wouldn't pack down. So once youve been thru...the return trip was like riding in quicksand.

And yea I remember the Hubey experience in the field of doom. Ive got cought up in there myself. Never a dull moment. Hubey a little miffed at me. I passed him on my way home from Holton a few weeks back. Digger and I in my truck with trailer full of bikes, him on his 650 w/ passanger going out for a ride. He gave me that friendly 1 finger wave of his :yell: Im thinking it had something to do with me riding in his backyard and never calling him :laugh: Who....Me :nod:

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Awsome pics! Looks like you guys had some fun!

woodsy

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 16, 2002
Come on Troublemaker, stop causing trouble.. You know that we always made it out.. Never lost,,, just,,, just,,, just a little turned around at times... Besides, you gotta admit that some of the finest times we ever had were during those times of being turned around.. All except that time that somebody moved Blipy up in the woods at Cedar Creek and I couldnt find er.. Now that was NOT funny!!!!!!

Yzman, that Hubster uses that friendly little wave to everyone so dont take it personal like... On the other hand, he didnt start using it me until he caught me riding behind his house without him either.. Hmmmmmmmm,, and I always thought that was because I had parked in his yard at the time he caught me :rotfl:

INCA

~SPONSOR~
Sep 1, 2003
woodsy said:
All except that time that somebody moved Blipy up in the woods at Cedar Creek and I couldnt find er.. Now that was NOT funny!!!!!!

e:
It most certainly was. Had I not helped you, you would have wound up at the Wesco station looking for Blipy. The lost I was referring to in my previous post was your e-mail and answering machine. I tried to be subtle, you hoot owl.

Trouble Maker - (That badge on my jacket really gets a lot of peoples attention)

YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
RIDE2LIVE said:
I got hooked up with a couple guys. We're going to meet Saturday, 1-20-07 at 10:30 a.m. at the Caberfae trail head. It's on M-55 west of Cadillac on the road that goes up to Caberfae ski hill. There's one of those brown DNR signs designating the snowmobile/motorcycle trail head.

Hah...Here I am all day saturday thinking that there was supposed to be this "Other guy (ride2live)" from "another site (DNR)" that was going to ride with the 3 of us and it turns out to be you all along.

I didn't make the connection between the 2 sites (TT and DRN) and 2 diff user names (ride2live and Bill F) till just now. I thought you were just some friend of Cmore's and you managed to find your way into TT. I had no idea you were over here as well.

Yep Im a little slow some days. But I usualy get it eventualy....lol

Top Bottom