redrider50

Dec 22, 2002
I just bought a new cable luber from "Champions Choice" and i tried it out on my bike, i attach the cable, i tighten it down sung, the problem is that when i spray the lube it comes out the wrong end on the top and doesn't appear to be going into the cable. i know this sounds stupid but i am kinda new to cable lubers. any thing to help?

los36

~SPONSOR~
Feb 7, 2002
They will leak. Just wrap a rag around the thing and use short, half-power squirts. Keep an eye on the other end of the cable. After a couple of squirts, you'll see the fluid start to come out.
I recommend using contact cleaner first (until it comes out clear), then whatever you want to use for lube.

Peer Lovell

Nov 25, 1999
Just make sure that the wider end of the luber goes over the shielded part of the cable and the smaller end goes over the inner cable.
You will have to tighten it down really well.
And, yes, they do leak, but take your time until the lubricant comes out the other end.

Dan105

Aug 23, 2002
i know i dont have to say this but just in case. If your lubing the throttle cable make sure it is out of the carb. I hate lubing cables for the same reason but it has to be done

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom