Chaseman36

Sep 26, 2005
I have a 91 husky 125 and alot of the parts say caviga on it. Does Husqvarna and Cagiva have some sort of history together? If ne one has any info to enlighten me it would be apreciated.

dante

Mar 24, 2004
Cagiva is an Italian company that made allot of money selling scooters, and then bought Husqvarna... After an Italian helmet law scooter sales went way down, so Cagiva had to diversify into fullsize bikes... I think they also own Aprilla, or Ducati... They might also own MV Agusta... I read something about it in cycle world magazine several months back and I can't remember the specifics... I do know that Cagiva owns at least two of the big name Italian motorcycle brands if not three...

ML536

Dec 1, 2001
Husqvarna used to be a Swedish brand, but their motorcycle division was sold to Cagiva years ago.

Interestingly, Husqvarna was originally a firearms manufacturer. Their "crown" symbol is said to actually be a gun's sights and barrel.

MxKid512

Feb 10, 2001
Husqvarna, Cagiva, and MV Agusta are all one company who were given 90 Mil in capital from Proton, a Malaysan car manufacturer who also owns Lotus. Wow, did I confuse anyone?

BonChance13

May 7, 2002
your '91 is the same bike as a '88-'90 Cagiva,it just has Husky stickers.'89 was the last year Cagiva was imported to the states.My '98 Husky cr 125 had Cagiva imprinted on all sorts of parts.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom