Speedy Petey

May 2, 2004
I have a '91 Husky 250WMX. I was wondering if parts from a 1991 Cagiva WMX250 are the same as a Husky of the same year/model? Is this the same bike? It sure does look the same. I know at one time Cagiva bought Husky but I don't know if there are differences betwen the two of this era. I need a piston kit(not sure of bore size yet) & bearing and full exhaust, stock is fine. Does anyone know a Vertex p/n for a piston. Thanks very much!

Forgot to mention I need clutch & throttle cables. Also there is a "pin" actuated by a rod above the exhaust port. I need this pin but am not sure what it is. I have never seen anything like this from my old Suzuki days. Thanks again.

Last edited:

Offroadr

Ready to bang some trees!
Jan 4, 2000
Those Cagivas were bulletproof bikes! I got a buddy that raced one hard for a couple years and sold to another buddy who rode it for a long time and it never had a major problem.

Halls Huskys are a great resource for parts and knowledge on these! You can find them on the web

BonChance13

May 7, 2002
They are one in the same...The last year for the "Cagiva" models was '89(at least in the U.S.).The next few years were the exact same bike.Even the '03 Husqvarna 250 motors are almost identical.Hall's is definately a great source,along with a certain online auction site.It's kind of funny,back in '98 when I had one of the few Hooska CR 125's in the states,it had Cagiva cast on numerous parts.I love the old Cagivas/early '90's Huskys.I used to live in Syracuse and have a great friend that lives in Herkimer,maybe we can go riding sometime.Cheers.

Last edited:

Speedy Petey

May 2, 2004
Thanks Bon!
I got her running and just need an exhaust. I have a line on some other parts including the pipe. I need to retrofit a silencer now. A little cutting and welding and I'll be set.
I really do like the European bikes. I always wanted a KTM back in the day (early 80's) and am glad to have this bike now. Parts are a PIA to get a hold of but hopefully I won't need too many more.
A great little bike shop only 2 miles down the road from my house can get alot of replacement type parts. I got a Magura clutch perch/lever and both cables from him for cheap compared to most places.
Take care. :thumb:

Top Bottom