the Eel

~SPONSOR~
Sep 23, 2000
To the Crew:

Back in the spring Thumbs, Captain Jack, KelsoRat and myself volunteered to lay out the 1st loop for the D37 Ghost Rider Enduro, which is on October 19th, out at Teagle Wash near Red Mountain. Our 1st loop is about 95% complete and the time has arrived to ribbon it. Unfortunately, 2 members of the 1st loop crew will not be available over the next 2 weeks, which is when the ribboning needs to get done.

I was hoping the Crew would be interested in coming out for a little ribboning and riding on October 4th and 5th. You'll get the chance to ride the course and also get an inside look at how the enduros are set up, which has proved to be both interesting and fun. We'll need to lay ribbon over about 33 miles of course. Should be easy with a lot of guys ... so, anyone up for pitching in ? I could really use the help ...

Eric
323 663 6675

dingoe

Feb 13, 2003
Eel,
I was hoping you could help me out with some information on the event that you area setting up. I'd enjoy coming out and helping you all, but I'll be at a wedding the weekend of the 4th. I'd much rather be out in riding country, but my wife would disown me. That said, I'd still like to try and make it on the 18/19th. Only, I'm not a District 37 member and I have never done an event. I was told by Unit74 on KTmTalk that I could do my AMA/District paperwork at events, do you know if this is true for this event? Also, I'm 38 years old and I ride a Husqvarva TE-570, so I assume that I'd be a "D" rider and in 30+ Vet or 4-stroke. I just don't know though, and do I need to add a letter "D" to numbers on my plates? Also, I don't know anything about the process of an enduro or the timekeeping, do you know of any books or information that would help? Overall, it may be best for me to just show up have fun at the event and not worry about being off on time and all. Just do it to get the experience.

Anyway, these events look like fun and I was looking into desert and GP racing, but Enduro may be the best place for me. It's been over 16 years since I did any type of organized race.

Thanks for any help and I look forward to seeing the event.

Ed

the Eel

~SPONSOR~
Sep 23, 2000
Jake - that would be super cool. Could really use the help ... my fingers are crossed. :thumb:

Ed - you most certainly can sign up for everything at the race. You'll need a D37 card, AMA card, and race entry. Everything will be available the day of the race and probably the day before as well. You can choose from several divisions ... you could go 4-stroke or Vet. You could also choose full race or 1 loop only (full race about 85 miles, 1 loop about half that). Lots of options to make it fun. They'll give you instructions on what to do with numbers and whatnot when you sign up.

By all means come out. It's a great time - great riding and great people. Here's a link for the flyer and entry form ... and some other stuff:

http://pw1.netcom.com/~sorudne/sponsors.htm

Here's some enduro stuff:
http://www.motorcycle.com/mo/mcdirt/trailrider/2time1.html
http://www.blackjackenduro.com/Basics.asp
http://www.ecea.org/enduro/firsttime.shtml

2strok4fun

Apr 6, 2002
I have to get some work done at my house, I *may* be able to do Sunday.

anyone have a trencher? :think:

oldandslo

Aug 29, 2001
Eel,

Looks like I won't make it out there this weekend. There is a slight chance but I doubt it. I was hoping I could get out and do a little riding. Next time.

Greg

bmonnig

~SPONSOR~
Nov 10, 2002
What's involved in being a member of the "ribbon crew"? I wouldn't mind playing around in the desert all weekend on the DRZ, but I don't want 2 days of continuous balls-to-the-walls riding.

I'd be coming up from the Pasadena area, which means it's about a 3.5 hour drive. Would I be allowed to camp near the area we're working? I sure wouldn't want to drive up/back each day, and I'm too cheap for a hotel. ;)

Sounds like a fun way to 1) ride 2) meet new folks, and 3) help out some fellow riders.

Brandon

the Eel

~SPONSOR~
Sep 23, 2000
Brandon - we camp out there and some folks also bring motorhomes / campers, etc. The riding we'll be doing is not difficult and we'll be going slowly to tie ribbon. We have about 25 miles to ribbon between Saturday and Sunday - plus quite a few other folks will be there helping.

There's no pre-requisite for helping us out ... the more the merrier.

scar tissue

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 27, 2000
Eric,

I was just reading the results from the last Enduro. 1st place for you !!!!!!! Great ride my friend.

It looks like I got 8th. even with burning the last check by coming in 4 minutes early after I lost/ cut the course. Ouch. Without out that I may have trophied. (as I was only 2 out from the trophy range)

Re: This weekend, If you really need me, I may be able to come out on Sat afternoon for a few hour turnaround trip. I definately don't want to stick you with all the duties. I coach my sons Soccer game in the AM. on Sat. and Sunday in resevered for the misses after spending the week at Cooperland for Dirt week. :yeehaw:

Top Bottom