Can 2 bikes fit..?

KDXFRK

Oct 29, 2003
In a small pickup bed? I'm tryin to decide if I should buy a small truck or just get a small trailer to haul my bike and a buddies around on. Can you safely and securely fit 2 dirtbikes in something like a Toy or Nissan pickup with the regular bed?

mylesc

~SPONSOR~
Apr 24, 2002
Yes, but you can't close the tailgate. I suggest getting a Ready Ramp. It's a tailgate extender and also a folds out into a sturdy ramp.

DK

Feb 26, 2000
No problem. I've carried a DRZ400, XR250 and XR200 in my Nissan extra cab. It's tight and I offset the bike in the middle with a milk crate, but it all fits. Fitting all the people and gear is a problem though, but for two, no problem.

BunduBasher

Boodoo-Bash-eRRR
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
kdx200, pampera280, klx110, kdx50, xr50, all squeezed into the back of a Frontier King Cab - those little trucks can carry quite a lot. I am busy looking for a Frontier Crew cab with extended bed - that should just about fit everything :eek:

Zerotact

~SPONSOR~
Dec 10, 2002
I'm planning on setting my s-10 up for hauling 2 bikes.... I just plan to get a bedrack to mount on the front of the bed.. also planiing on getting a foot wide walking grate from the metal shop, and use it for a ramp.

Camstyn

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 3, 1999
OK I'll bite.. How the hell did you fit 5 bikes into a Nissan?!? I had a hard enough time getting 4 into a fullsize shortbox.

BunduBasher

Boodoo-Bash-eRRR
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
first the xr50, then kdx, then klx110, then Pampera, all facing forward, kdx50 went in last facing backwards :laugh:

wayneg

~SPONSOR~
Aug 29, 2001
Does anyone have any information or pictures of the 'ready ramp'?? I have a Holden Rodeo (a small crew cab pick up similar in size to the Nissan Frontier) and which has a very small tray, and I need something like that. Any information would be appreciated.

wayneg

~SPONSOR~
Aug 29, 2001
Sorry, I tried that before I posted - no repsonse so must be some weird NZ Internet connection or DNS thing.

Thanks very much.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…