Can I have a little Top-End help? Like, how to get it off??

truckster225

Jun 11, 2009
So I have done just about every repair possible on a 2-stroke. So, I kinda have a clue as to whats going on here. I have not, on the other hand, EVER worked on a 4-stroke. I ordered the manual, but it's going to take a bit to get here.

So, this is a pic of my spare engine. Its the SAME engine thats in my bike. Can anyone give a a little How-To on removing the head on this thing? Or, just what I need to do with the chain? Or, whatever advice you feel would be prudent? I know, its a lot to ask, but I know there are a lot of experts here, and I could really use the help!

Thanks so much!!

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Might want to check a site like Bike Bandit to see the exploded parts diagram. That will give you an idea of what all is in there. How far apart are you planning to take things down to?

truckster225

Jun 11, 2009
Thanks! Im going to check that site right now!

From what I understand, the bike sat for a while. Im hoping that just the piston is just seized to the cylinder. It happened to me before on another bike, so im hoping its just that simple. Im PRAYING the bottom end isnt seized!

truckster225

Jun 11, 2009
hey that diagram is totally going to help! Actually, the only two things im NOT sure about; 1. is what to do with the chain while im breaking it down; and 2. if the cam HAS to come out. If I dont have to remove it just to free the piston, id rather not. i know IT WILL have to come out at some point, but I'd rather wait till the book gets here to do that!

Thanks!!

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
You should REALLY pick up a factory service manual for the bike.... REALLY.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom