Status
Not open for further replies.

NealB.

Jan 21, 2008
1993 KX125. Is it really necessary to use the high dollar racing oil or will any basic 2 stroke oil work in the gas? I really do not want to continue paying 2.45 cents per gallon of gas.

mmz77

Oct 15, 2006
NealB. said:
1993 KX125. Is it really necessary to use the high dollar racing oil or will any basic 2 stroke oil work in the gas? I really do not want to continue paying 2.45 cents per gallon of gas.
I want to pay 2.45 for crying out loud!!! I have to pay just under 3 bucks. You could use anything really as long as it is rated for motorcycle use. The better the oil though usually means the longer your engine will last you so don't go investing in the Stihl Chainsaw brand. :nener:

Cman250

Dude Guy Bub
~SPONSOR~
Damn Yankees
Mar 31, 2007
Where i live its 3.15 for 87 reg. unleaded. As far as oil goes think of it as buying shoes for your feet. You can buy the cheap'o shoes from wal-mart or pay a little more and get a good pair from a brand name. With both you would be able to walk outdoors fine but the the cheap'o shoe willl tear apart much sooner than the quality pair( kind of like what will happen to your engine using cheap'o oil.) Is it worth the money? IMO..yes!

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
Piss poor jetting and maintenance practices have cause far more early demises of engines than using a cheap brand of oil have. And there is no way you guys can show any justification that paying >.50 an ounce for 2 cycle oil is going to add any significant longevity to his engine.

Neal, mix up whatever 2cycle oil you can find, and run it with confidence in your 93 KX.
Make sure you have your jetting sorted out, and you will be absolutely fine.

NealB.

Jan 21, 2008
Why was my thread about oil closed?

Did I say something wrong? Was it about mentioning the brand of oil? Is that any different than mentioning specific websites that sell products?

BigRedAF

Jan 9, 2005
Oil always generates arguments and gets axed. You didn't do anything wrong. There are plenty of answers in the archives, good luck. :cool:

NealB.

Jan 21, 2008
Not to a newbie like me. I tried searching it and came up with very little help so I figured it would not hurt to ask. Wow, what a great way to treat someone asking a legitimate question. Not a good first impression.

NealB.

Jan 21, 2008
I also noticed that certain posts were deleted but others were left. None had any type of flaming on them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom