Can the fellow DRNers help me with my lady??

CanadianRidr

Sponsoring Member
Oct 22, 2001
Hi,
I hope you guys can help me out with this little problem I have, I have been going out with my girlfriend for over 2 years, and she just got a job at the local "town"bar, and at first I didn't mind but she worked on friday, and she tells me how much of pigs all the guys are out there, and the sad thing is, is that I use to know alot of these people from my old Highschool. Now some I didn't get along with then and Im sure I still would not no. Now I don't know what to do, I hate hearing of all these stories about how all these dirty people hit on her, and she does not understand that if I meet up with some of these people we will have to have a little talk (without words if you know what I mean)
Now Im sure some of you had to deal with this before, what did you do? I know I can trust her, I just don't like the fact of any drunk guys coming after her! But then she tells me she will quit and she gets upset and it turns into a mess, now I don' want her to quit and I really like this girl, but I don't know what the heck I am suppose to do!!
please help all guys and girls out there!
thanks in advance you guys are real friends!

Hucker

~SPONSOR~
Sep 15, 2000
Let the girl handle it on her own. Going down there and threatening someone because they hit on your girlfriend is a big waste of time. My gf works at a bar and this happens all the time, sometimes right infront of me. Usually she just says "One sec" looks over to me and says "What would you like to drink babe?" Usually solves the problem, and we chuckle about it. I have never had to use physical force on anyone that went over the boundries. I guess being 6'3, 230lb, shaved head, with a goatee probably helps me out a bit :) But seriously, most guys get the point, and drunk ones just find someone else to hit on. As an added bonus, my gf doesn't dress like a skank, no cleavage shirts, nothing for guys to stare at. So, don't worry about it, to much.

CanadianRidr

Sponsoring Member
Oct 22, 2001
thanks hucker, yah they were t-shirts there too, no skanky stuff there. That was kinda my point in my first post, (she does not get the point thing)
well some of these people are bigger than me anyways, not to mention I would not go to that bar anyways there not my people. But that's the thing I don't want to start anything with these people especially when I see the odd one at a party or something. arrrggg what's a guy to do!

smb_racing

Master of None
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 31, 2000
the key to keeping the guys bigger than you in line is to make them think you're crazy, so you could do something completely insane like order a Zima :scream:
but in all seriousness it's just not an overly good situation for your girl to be putting herself in, if guys are causing her trouble have her inform her boss and he should do something about it.

Hucker

~SPONSOR~
Sep 15, 2000
Originally posted by smb_racing
the key to keeping the guys bigger than you in line is to make them think you're crazy, so you could do something completely insane like order a Zima :scream:
but in all seriousness it's just not an overly good situation for your girl to be putting herself in, if guys are causing her trouble have her inform her boss and he should do something about it.

This girl couldn't have taken a job like this and didn't think she would get hit on. If she has a big prob with it, she shouldn't be a bartender. Being a bartender means putting up with people, just like every other service job out there.

CanadianRidr, don't worry about her, she can take care of herself. Getting all worked up over it is just going to drive you insane. Your telling me you've never hit on a bartender? hehehe

I know I have. (without any luck I might add)

CanadianRidr

Sponsoring Member
Oct 22, 2001
LOL thanks hucker, I really needed to here something like what you wrote. It has been driving me insane, and it's really getting me nowhere. Like SMB said if it got worse enough the owner would do something, I know she can take care of herself(however she is small and usally guys are big right?) As for hitting on the bar tender thing, let's just say if nobody saw it, it didn't happen:D
thanks again Hucker!
say you live in Canada, why don't you come down here to Alberta and visit this bar with me? I need someone 6"4 to do my talking lol;)

Hucker

~SPONSOR~
Sep 15, 2000
No probs man, thats what DRN'ers are for. Good advice!!!

By the way, I love getting out to Alberta, I love snowboarding. You ever been to Fortress? That place is a hidden gem in the kananaskis valley, Banff's not to bad, but a bit crowded...

Nothing beats the mountains :)

CanadianRidr

Sponsoring Member
Oct 22, 2001
Yah alot of my buddies go out boarding at fortress, believe me I have seen the pics:) they make me drool, as for banff I agree that place and jasper are WAY overcrowded, Unfortuantely I sold my board for a pipe for my bike:( that was last year, and I still have yet to buy another. But when I do we should hook up and go to fortress (depending on when you go) my buddies like to go there right after christmas

nothing beats the mountains? How bout a nice sunny day right when the sun's gives off an orange glow and you got 3 of your buddies beside you in fresh groomed dirt hitting wide open sweepers in 4or5th gear w.o?:) :)

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Organize a Canuck Dirt Week! Then maybe ask Gomer and TwinSpar (Oh, wait skip TwinSpar he never goes to DW) maybe BigLou would come along and send them in to the bar. I'm sure after a few hours of "1001 ways to prepare mutton" or any of the other intellectual topic that could be covered all the patrons will have left and swore never to return. Then again we could always turn Rich loose in there telling him it's an Amsoil convention:eek:

RoadRash

Sep 13, 2000
I think you should sit at one end of the bar and the minute you see anyone even speak to your girlfriend you should pound the snot out of them! :silly: But maybe they just want to order a drink. If you seriously are considering beating up anyone that hits on your girlfriend then you need to see a shrink. It sounds like your girlfriend has everything under control, guys at bars hit on girls. You should be proud that they are interested. If it is that big of a deal, and your girlfriend thinks it is a good idea, then maybe she needs a new job. If not learn to deal with it, guys will always hit on attractive women.

nephron

Dr. Feel Good
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 15, 2001
Ah heck, I've just got a little nail-drivin' to do here

1) As with Hucker--don't EVEN get concerned over this. Not at ALL. If you do, it's a lose-lose situation. ie, getting all upset and whining about it's just going to drive her further away from you. She won't like that kind of heat, and you'll be gone...Plus, it'll drive you crazier to remain involved in that situation and aware of all the drooling buttheads down there. On the other hand, you should just remain concerned in a "detached" manner--don't bring it up. If she gets hit on by some idiot, and then ends up with him--so what? Huh? Don't play that macho crap. It DOESN'T work, except in "low-rent" situations that aren't worth it.:D
2) You are NOT 6'3"/230. Don't even go down there much, unless SHE wants you there. Your presence will just be weird, and you'll be more likely to get your friggin' ass pounded by some drunk monster. Again, you do NOT have the leisure to sit at the bar with your chick & "watch the situation" like big Huck up there.
3) Let her figure it out on her own. I, however, do NOT think the boss is going to do Jack Shat, since a good-lookin' bartender is nuttin' but a goldmine.
4) Next time shop Church for "mutton";)

.....yes, a Nephrologist's perspective on love & happiness...:think

OnAnySunday

Big Pig
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 20, 2000
lost in the deserts of NM
Or you could take her to your friendly neiborhood Honda dealer, and trade her for a new CR500R.
(they take women on trade dont they??):scream: :scream:
Oh wait, that wouldnt work, cause then youd have your buddies asking to ride it. Then youd have to beat them up anyways...........

"get away from my BIKE!!!" POW ZAP CRASH!!!! :p

CanadianRidr

Sponsoring Member
Oct 22, 2001
LOL guys, trade her in for a 500 nah, maybe a 450f, no I know I don't want to get my arse pounded in by 20 drunk hicks! She actually told me by seeing the drunk losers crawling on the ground after her, she realizes just how much she would rather be with me so it's all good,
Biglou, if you still looked like you did in that picture they would probably shut down the bar;) But you would be my first call. Or maybe I would just tell Rich that those big guys at the bar are the "other" MXA staff:p

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom