Status
Not open for further replies.

jeeptrick4

Dec 15, 2004
What's up folks?! My name is Brandon, I'm 27 and live in San Diego, Ca and I just acquired my first bike. I've been riding with my friends on their '02 YZ250, '00 CR250R and a couple of quads over the last few months. I've been itching to get a bike now. Coincidentally, I came home from work the other night and there was a YZ250 sitting on my front porch, the same one I had seen in my neighbors carport for the last 6 months. Turns out that my friend was visiting from Utah and was talking to this guy. He was moving, getting out of the desert scene and didn't want the bike. Yeah! Freebie for me!

So here lies the problem, it's missing a lot of parts, like the whole side right of the engine case, water pump, silencer, clutch lever, brake lever, shift lever, and the rims/tires are not usable, among other things. The biggest issue right now with finding the right parts is that I don't know exactly what year it is, neither does the guy who gave it to me. From my research so far looking at different microfiche, it appears to me to be an '88. How can I tell for sure? On different parts of the case, 2VM......is stamped into it. Does that give any clues? Where can I go to look this info up?? Appreciate any help you all can give me and I'm sure I'll be on here with a bunch of other questions once the teardown/rebuild begins.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Cross posting is bad (same topic, multiple forums)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom