Ally

Feb 23, 2006
Hey Girls!

This is my first time in the womans forum! Are there any girls in Ontario that are interested in getting together to ride?? I just started last year, and I am obsessed...I cant wait to get out his year! Hopefully the snow will be gone soon! Anyways, let me know if you are interested, I live in the Ottawa area! It would be fun if a bunch of girls could get together for a day! :)

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
Hey Ally! Welcome to DRN - nice to see some more Canadians here! There IS a group of riders who post regularly from Canada, maybe they will comment on gatherings, also there is the Places to Ride, Organized Ride Forum that you could check out.

Dirt is addictive, isn't it? :)

Mar 18, 2006
Hey Ally, (cheers canadians)
I just joined this site and I'm just about to start riding this summer, I'm stoked! I was just wondering how you got started? Did you buy a bike right away? How'd you learn? Etc Etc. I'm an avid snowmobiler and quader so I know how to operate a machine, lol, but this'll be different!

Ally

Feb 23, 2006
Hey!

Well, I did buy a bike right away. I just had this idea one day that I wanted to try it so my bf and I looked around until we found two that we liked. He had rode before, so that helped, but then he left the next day for Afghanistan...so I was alone! But with an hour, I was out on the trails, riding super slow, I thought I was going fast :rotfl: ...I took a few good spills, pulled a few involuntary wheelies and ventured off into the trees a couple of times...as long as you are willing to get back up after though you are good to go! It is awesome, so much fun. I would just suggest that you find one you are super comfortable on, I am small so I made sure I could touch the ground and felt good on it, and I think that helped a lot. Anyways, good luck, and let me know if you have any other q's!

Ally

C

CaNaDiAn,Eh?

Hey,

You might want to look around at bulletin boards at bike dealerships, or just ask some of the staff. Some areas have womens riding groups, and of course there are the womens classes at the tracks. Good way to meet people if your up for that kind of thing. Maybe do a search for ontario riding clubs on the internet and see what comes up. Good luck, hope you find something.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom