Canadian 520's licensed in Washington for street.

Baja Bill

Feb 20, 2001
Licensing Canadian bike in Washington

I have done two bikes...KLX and a GasGas that came from the Vancover BC area, and licensed both bikes. But now the laws have changed. You cannot take an offroad bike and make it street legal in Washington. When you bring the bike across the border, they will ask you "Street bike or dirt bike?" If your paperwork says offroad, that is what they are going to put on your paperwork coming across the border, so you cannot license it different in Washington. KTM in the states, their MSO does not say offroad or street bike. So you can send that in the mail and get a license plate. The bad thing is the savings are in Canada for buying bikes. Hope I have helped out, Baja Bill

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom