MoO_coW

Jul 14, 2000
I don't know what it is. I'm really really really comfortable with jumping and im relatively good at it. I have done the 65 foot table top and the 55 foot double that launches you in the air 20 or so feet but I cant bring myself to doing them again. I am really fast but cant even go around the track because of these 3 jumps. The 3rd being the 25 foot jump I just hurt my knee on. What tips do you guys have for getting over it. I've done them all before and the one I hurt my knee on I have done 1000 times. Thanks for any advice.

LaRider20

Dec 27, 2000
MoO, I'm somewhat like that. For example the last hour of my ride on the track I'm killing the jumps, but if you would have watched the 3 hours before you'd think it was my first time on a bike. It takes me 3 hours to get comfortable with the track, then I burn it up for 1 hour; this sucks. It frustrates me to see guys take a beginner lap to check the track out, and then when lap two comes they rip it up. Myself I take 2 beginner laps, and slowly increase my speed and jumping distance. I am going to break myself of that this weekend. My advice (this is what I tell my 13 yr. old who rides a 97' RM 125) is to increase your jumping distance until the landings hurt, (ie. landing on the face of the double, or on the top of the table top) then next time around give it that little extra throttle to put you over. I do this every time I ride, or should I say that I used to. The cycle will be broken this weekend.

YZ125 KID

Apr 25, 2000
Meto only not that long ;)

Hey Moo!!

After I get hurt on a jump it shakes me up..
but one thing I try and remember is :
this guy told me once its usually better to over shoot the jump then to case it...most of the time..

and one thing I have noticed from riding BMX vert is don't think about it a whole lot..I mean if its freaky and you know you can do it.. then just do it..
thats just what I have experienced....

This is a trouble I have courently..

I have just freaked out to death of the spine.... and i used to jump in alot..
but then I goofed up and crashed and tore my achilles tenden...and couldn't walk very well for a week...
that was about 6 months ago!!!!:eek:
And I have onlt been back to the skate park 2 times since.. and not tryed it..
But this summer I'm gonna go and hit it!!!
maybe sometime in the next coulple of weeks...

it's all in the mind....:cool:

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
Something I learned was that once you start jumping something, jump it every lap. If you sometimes jump it and sometimes don't, every time you come up to it you'll be unsure and hesitant...that can be dangerous is you're trying to decide whether to go for it or not on the face of the jump.

Obviously, I always take a warm-up lap or two to check out the track, but then go for it.

Of course, I've never jumped anything that put me 20 ft in the air, though, so I'd be more careful on something like that. Did you get any pictures of that jump? It must be straight up.

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Re: Meto only not that long ;)

Originally posted by YZ125 KID
…this guy told me once its usually better to over shoot the jump then to case it...most of the time..
Most of the time…right Gomer, or should I say DOT 4 head:p

MoO_coW

Jul 14, 2000
Its not 20 feet in the air really...the bottem of your back wheal is like 12 feet off the ground using my eyecromiter(thanks to Eric), Its high enough for me! Its a really nice jump though. I guess I will just have to go out and pound some laps and just do them. Thanks

Last edited:

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
Re: Re: Meto only not that long ;)

Originally posted by RM_guy

Most of the time?right Gomer, or should I say DOT 4 head:p
"Hi honey....yeah...but I've got to go to the NYSF, there's this guy up there with a yellow bike and a big mouth..." :scream:

...got me! (at least the fine print is fading and all you can read now is the DOT4)

Top Bottom